Spikes, plus mist could pass, plus blue door

#1Ice GargoylePosted 8/16/2009 4:50:53 PM
If you know the place I'm talking about, then please help me out. I don't seem to be able to open blue doors while in bat form, but I don't see any other way to do it. I don't know the name of the area, but I think "Requiem of the Gods" plays in it.
---
The path to enlightenment is littered with the bodies of the ignorant. - Musashi Miyamoto
#2SteveO 528Posted 8/16/2009 5:25:55 PM
You need to go to the Catacombs and get the Spike Breaker armor. You'll probably need Echo of Bat to get it, which is in Orlox's Quarters, if you haven't been there yet.
---
"Brush away those tears underneath your mask!"
Segata Sanshiro...gone, but not forgotten.
#3Jiyuu FalconPosted 8/16/2009 7:10:19 PM
Or you could get hit by the spikes, then use a Potion (or something like it, IIRC). You'll be invincible for a short while, but it's enough to open the door.

It's pretty much cheating, though. If you really want to enjoy the game, get the Spike Breaker as was intended.
#4Ice Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2009 10:53:49 PM
Thanks for your quick replies. I just got the 2nd ending (with Alucard and Maria) after killing Richter. I thought that wearing the Holy Glasses would show me his possessed form or something.
---
The path to enlightenment is littered with the bodies of the ignorant. - Musashi Miyamoto
#5Jiyuu FalconPosted 8/17/2009 3:17:50 AM
*spoilers*

What it shows you is his possessor, whom you must attack.

Leave Richter alone. Equip the Holy Sword to prevent accidentally killing him.