I beat this for the first time the other day.

#11Cody32390(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2009 12:06:50 PM
This is total B.S
what percentage did you get, while only looking at a FAQ twice?

I didn't go look, but IIRC, my save file says 195.4

I don't see why it's so hard to believe. Before I went to the fight with Richter (which I thought was the end at the time) I decided to explore the castle and go to all the places on the map that I hadn't been to yet, because I didn't want the game to be over.

Eventually I found those gold and silver rings, and found Maria under the clock. She gave me those glasses, and since she had said that Richter must be being controlled, it was pretty obvious what to do.

Then after the inverted castle, on my way to Shaft/Dracula, I did the same thing: explored the rooms I hadn't been in yet before the final fight. That gave me a high enough percentage I guess.
---
PSN: CodyBDC
#12friendlydudePosted 11/17/2009 1:27:45 AM
When it comes to games like these, I find myself getting higher percentages the first time I play through the game, and less the second time, perhaps because I start to get cocky by the second time and miss a few rooms in the process.
#13Cody32390(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2009 7:19:03 AM
When it comes to games like these, I find myself getting higher percentages the first time I play through the game, and less the second time, perhaps because I start to get cocky by the second time and miss a few rooms in the process.

Yeah, plus it's not so "new and exciting." The first time you play you want to experience everything the game has to offer, and after that you don't care quite so much because you've already seen it all.
---
PSN: CodyBDC
#14Hotel_SecurityPosted 11/17/2009 10:16:43 AM
Is it really THAT amazing for someone to discover the true ending without a FAQ? I mean, just explore the entire first dungeon thoroughly and you'll eventually get those glasses from Maria. It's not THAT hard. I played it when the game came out and as far as I knew there were no FAQs out there.