Level 1 Run [Uses Gameshark]

#1SeraphinEvelesPosted 7/13/2011 5:56:21 PM
So, after doing some creative thinking, i remembered that SotN's gameshark code for max level just automatically maxes out your exp, so that when you gain exp you just hit 99.

and that got me thinking. why not modify the code so you cant gain exp?

Essentially, this would allow you to play through the entire game at level 1, giving the game a fair difficulty increase.

But, this could easily be gotten over. with the right equipment, you could still become nearly unstoppable.

So i decided to up the stakes a notch. No crissaegrim, no duplicator, no ring of varda, no muramasa.

anyone willing to take up the challenge? I'm going to be playing it myself, and i'll get back to you occasionally on how it's going.

If anyone wants to add anything to the list of items not to use, feel free. I'm willing to take up the challenge.
---
Currently Playing - - Dissidia 012 Duodecim
#2SeraphinEveles(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 6:08:39 PM
also, here is the modded GS code (it's in psp format, but isn't difficult to mod for norm GS's)

0x80097BEC 0x00000000
0x80097bEE 0x00000000
---
Currently Playing - - Dissidia 012 Duodecim
#3firedraco2Posted 7/13/2011 7:01:54 PM
Probably ban the shield rod because some of those specials can be cheap (go watch a speed run if you want to see).
---
Well when I asked this one cute girl out during lunch, I got laughed at because I was wearing this ridiculous cape called the Ebisu Rainment. -NeoseekerDarkKn
#4OsafuneKatanaPosted 7/13/2011 7:44:39 PM
I'm interested in this.
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets." -Dracula, Castlevania: SotN.
#5Arkane DenialPosted 7/13/2011 8:15:10 PM
OsafuneKatana posted...
I'm interested in this.

Post of the day
---
Booker T: "PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! " - Paulina_Pierce
#6Raas EarlPosted 7/13/2011 10:10:08 PM
Hehehe... Thank you...
---
www.vampz.net "Join in this new undead community!"
#7a_po_ca_lypsePosted 7/14/2011 6:42:31 PM
the fact is you will be annoyed by strong enemies in regular castle and most enemies in inverted castle. Strong opponents in RC and most enemies in IC will leave you tickling them with your 1 damage due to your amazingly high STR (sarcasm)
---
greyback17
NEVER will I give up
#8Raas EarlPosted 7/14/2011 9:16:51 PM
So, LV 1 Alucard.

Please help me fill in the blanks for his statuses:
HP:
MP:
HEARTS:
STR:
INT:
CON:
LUC:

With modification from equipped items, will Alucard be really dealing 1 damage to certain foes?
---
www.vampz.net "Join in this new undead community!"
#9Arkane DenialPosted 7/14/2011 11:20:33 PM
85HP would be good for this Lv.1 run.

If I remember correctly, the stats for the best Lv.1 Alucard are something like:

STR 14
CON 13
INT 13
LCK 17

Something like that.
---
Booker T: "PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! " - Paulina_Pierce
#10firedraco2Posted 7/14/2011 11:40:27 PM
Well, Galamoth has 56 defense, and the highest I saw was 40 for a normal enemy, so if you have a good enough weapon (Masamune, Alucard Sword maybe, not sure how bad the STR penalty will be) then you should be able to do more than 1 damage to almost everyone. Esp. if you use stuff like the Ring of Ares and/or Dragon Helm.
---
Well when I asked this one cute girl out during lunch, I got laughed at because I was wearing this ridiculous cape called the Ebisu Rainment. -NeoseekerDarkKn