who here died to first boss

#1bubbaXzonePosted 10/3/2011 7:41:23 PM
first time you played SOTN.

when i say first boss i mean slogra and dagron (when you play as alucard)
When i played SOTN for the first time i died not only one time but maybe atleast 4 times. I COULDN'T GET PAST THIS BOSS!!

i would say 2 years later. I did SOTN again and got past first boss and decided this was my fav game ever! Everytime i played as in when i beat game and like a year later played again i would find new stuff.

i screamed like a little school girl when i found "the sword of dawn"
That was so bad ass!
---
Time to turn the chessboard around!
#2friendlydudePosted 10/4/2011 2:25:59 AM
I did. As a man who kicks ass, I have to admit with strong regret that I actually died at that boss fight... at least twice. The first time was my first run through the game, and the second time I died there was because I was being arrogant with a speed run time and just tried plowing my way THROUGH the fight. Yeah right. I'm not made of steel!
#3Raas EarlPosted 10/4/2011 10:12:57 AM
I did not even make it to the duo. I died at the Merman's corner; Fell straight into the water with HP draining out fast and stuck with a stupid Merman on top of me. I leveled up a few times already but....... GAME OVER... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :P
---
www.vampz.net "Join in this new undead community!"
#4Gaming_MasteryPosted 10/4/2011 1:58:34 PM
I think everyone did.
---
I'm addicted to a drug. It's called Hype. Current Drug Addictions:
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Ultimate MvC3, Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney
#5Arkane DenialPosted 10/4/2011 5:10:19 PM
Yeah, I died. The game was too complicated for me back in the mid-90's.
---
Booker T: "PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! " - Paulina_Pierce
#6friendlydudePosted 10/5/2011 1:24:27 AM
When I tried plowing through that boss fight, it's actually funny. My logic I mean. I thought that since I had enough experience under my belt that I'd be able to take as much damage as possible with no concern for dying and that my sword-swinging abilities (and the fact I have most of the enemies and locations memorized in the game) would play a part in assuring I'd never ever die, ever again. Boy was I ever a silly and arrogant dude!
#7Lord_ManinhoPosted 10/5/2011 7:03:00 AM
I played SotN first time when I was 10 or something.
Slogra and Gaibon kicked my ass. As I found the game over screen scary, I never played it again for about 4 years. Big mistake.

Now... well, everyone here know it's a great game.

^_^
---
...My Signature is Only Visible to People With 350 or Higher IQ...
#8VisionRing30Posted 10/5/2011 12:56:07 PM
Uh, I've actually never died to them, but I also didn't play the game until relatively recently, so that is probably why.
---
"Laughter is the countdown of devastation."- Killer 7, end of Sunset
#9friendlydudePosted 10/6/2011 1:42:54 AM
Also I forgot to mention (because I was too tired to type up something readable the last two nights, along with tonight too- damn sleepless nights!) that I didn't know you could duck to avoid the fireball streams. MAN those fireballs can really hurt a guy who idiotically doesn't know about the down button, lol
#10ShadowTheMigliaPosted 10/6/2011 12:41:16 PM
I died multiple times(it was my first non platform game),I managed to do it only because I grinded like a maniac until level 10.