For people who have done more than 10+ playthroughs

#1RPGNinja123Posted 6/2/2013 2:34:01 PM
How many times did you get the rarer items in the game (i.e. Crissaegrim) but just playing the game and breezing through the areas and just having it conveniently drop?

I think I have done well over 25+ PTs and I got the Lapis ring like 4 times but only ever got the Crissaegrim once, for a long time as a kid I never knew it even existed. The game is tons more fun when you aren't being ruined by trying to find certain things and just taking what you can get.
---
[A Gamefaqs moderator was deleted by this message]
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#2GactivefyPosted 6/2/2013 4:26:41 PM
Of course, there's so many broken weapons in this game that aren't random drops that you're bound to find one (at least) by complete accident.

To answer your question, I've gotten a Crissaegrim and two Rings of Varda by chance before.
---
"Stop it with the sexual innuendos, guys. This is a serious question." - Meteorites, R.I.P. 2005-2012
you will always be loved
#3Mr HangmanPosted 6/2/2013 9:25:04 PM
I've gotten the Crissaegrim and Ring of Varda many times. Both are uber-powerful and really easy to farm for. I've tried to get the Lapis Lazuli in several playthroughs but gave up often, that one's a *****. Often I try to get the Fist of Tulkas, Chakram, and/or Heaven Sword, those are fun. The Rune Sword is really good too.

All the other rare items, I haven't attempted much. Never did get the Vorpal Blade I think.
---
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune
#4Jiyuu FalconPosted 6/2/2013 9:26:58 PM
I got a Heart Brooch (that's rare enough, I think, considering its source) during my very first playthrough. At the time, I had no idea where I got it. That's the only drop I remember getting without trying.

Sometime soon after that, my OCD awakened, and now I simply cannot breeze through areas; I have to get any drops I don't have yet even if I have to farm for it, playing with a bestiary FAQ or something similar on hand. In any game, not just SotN (Oh dear God FFXII). OCD sucks.
#5friendlydudePosted 6/3/2013 12:55:13 AM
I played through this game around 60 times, and for example, the Crissaegrim must have dropped about 20 times by accident. Those are some good odds, however I had to really farm for other things such as the Heaven Sword. That one took me more than a few pudding cups to get.
#6SigmaZeroXPosted 6/3/2013 10:01:29 PM
I got quite a bit of items here and there. But the ones that take the most time IMO are the following:

Muramasa (from Scarecrow and Vandal Sword)
Heaven Sword (from Cloaked Knight)
Ring of Feanor (from Karasuman)
Dark Armor (Malachi)
---
MegaMan X Command Mission: My video of destroying Ninetails with No Hypers, No Substitutions, and No Deaths:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hawu7f2XUzA
#7friendlydudePosted 6/5/2013 10:50:08 PM
I never got the Ring of Feanor. Is it good?
#8GactivefyPosted 6/6/2013 8:43:53 AM
friendlydude posted...
I never got the Ring of Feanor. Is it good?

"Str+7, Con+7, Int+7, Luck+2, Atk+8, Def+3"

It's like Ring of Pales on crack, basically. I usually just get my 24 strength from the Ring of Ares and be done with it, personally. You can't get it until a ways into the IC anyways, in which case you might as well just go for Rings of Varda since you're pretty close to the end of the game as it is.
---
"Stop it with the sexual innuendos, guys. This is a serious question." - Meteorites, R.I.P. 2005-2012
you will always be loved
#9Americas Most WantedPosted 6/7/2013 3:18:50 PM
Only ever got the Crissaegrim once and I think it was my first playthrough, got it in the upside down library. Now I'm wanting a PSX to play again since my ps2 stopped playing ps1s.
---
heh.
#10friendlydudePosted 6/9/2013 10:14:35 AM
I'll probably go for the Ring of Feanor one day anyway. Gotta at least try it!