So how does Pip evolve anyway?

#1urrutiapPosted 5/19/2009 10:48:07 PM
I thought Pip was supposed to evolve when you get a new Star after you beat a story boss?

Just a few hours ago I beat Fate by having Pip on my team and it was a tough battle but I got through. I did have white and green elements to use on Pip but when it was Star time I went into my menu to check out Status, Pip was still in his original form. What the hell?

Is there some kind of trick or something to get Pip to evolve?
---
Thulsa Doom: You broke into my house, stole my property, murdered my servants and my pets, and THAT is what grieves me the most! You killed my snake...
#2xavainPosted 5/20/2009 4:51:50 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/196917/8129

entire FAQ devoted to Pip and how to evolve him, how to get him to evolve the direction you want, etc.
#3Person ManPosted 5/20/2009 10:18:27 AM
Some of the numbers are slightly off in that FAQ, but it explains everything very well.

Some details it leaves out though
- you get "points" towards both the color and form for that color set when elements are used. So, when you use a white element, you get points in white, and in angel form, if you're still in the first stage. In this way you can actually set yourself up to have a higher number of, say, red points, when you have enough angel form points to evolve, and Pip will become a Red innate Angel form.
- that FAQ was written before workarounds were found to fix his grid problems. It's explained somewhat here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/196917/17688
just search "Pip Element Grid Trick #1"
that FAQ needs a serious rewrite though. >_>

---
meh
#4urrutiap(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2009 2:51:06 PM
well i did use green and white elements on Pip or I had Pip use green elements when fighting against Fate. When it was Star level up time, Pip never evolved. What the hell?
---
Thulsa Doom: You broke into my house, stole my property, murdered my servants and my pets, and THAT is what grieves me the most! You killed my snake...
#5Person ManPosted 5/20/2009 2:51:45 PM
A revision has been made to the above FAQ.
If the 5/20/09 file is now showing, you will need to search:
$E2. Pip Grid Trick #1
instead.

That should help a bit. :)

---
meh