Getting the Mastermune as early as possible *spoilers*

#1MC_BatCommanderPosted 2/26/2010 2:41:25 PM
Okay so basically the quest to get the Mastermune is available right when you complete the Home World Viper Manor events (I think).

I thought this play through I would get it literally right when it opens.... But found it to be incredibly difficult. Without Diminish, Dario one hit kills anyone with Dash & Gash, and his regular attacks do around 80-100 damage, painful! Also, breaking 100 damage on him was difficult (Norris with the plasma gun was the only one who could seem to do it).

Has anyone been able to beat him this early? I had to beat three dragons first for the stat bonuses, then was able to handle him very easily.
---
Cover your knees up if you're gonna be walking around everywhere.
#2menschmaschine5Posted 2/26/2010 2:56:45 PM
I'd imagine it's possible, if very difficult. You'll need a LOT of red elements, and I guess the biggest issue will be whether or not your element grids can fit enough elements to finish the battle. If this is possible, then it's just an issue of having lots of red and yellow elements. If not, then the fight will be a lot harder I guess...
#3felixrushPosted 2/26/2010 3:35:50 PM
Where is he located? I'm kind of bored with how Harle explained the entire "Go find the dragon" quest before leaving me so I wanna try this. It should be easy for me. 100-ish damage shouldn't affect me much because of how I set up Lynx.

---
"We believe what we want to believe, it's all we ever do." - Coolest person in Dragon Age: Origins
#4MC_BatCommander(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2010 3:36:30 PM
Use a guide felix.
---
#5felixrushPosted 2/26/2010 3:37:50 PM
You could just tell me. -_-;
---
"We believe what we want to believe, it's all we ever do." - Coolest person in Dragon Age: Origins
#6felixrushPosted 2/26/2010 3:44:16 PM
What's wrong with simply telling me? Guides typically have spoilers anyway.
---
#7PernaiPosted 2/26/2010 4:07:29 PM
Which since you're asking for a spoiler isn't that much an issue. Ctrl+F, "Dario." It's magic!

As to the question: I'm confused, why no Diminish? Y'need Karsh to get the Memento Pendant, and Riddel to wear it, so the earliest would be AW Viper Manor II... I think? Unless you Gameshark. Anyway, Diminish (and Mag-Negate, for the record) is long available. Or is there something my tiny brain is missing?

As to strategy, I'd recommend Lynx, Norris and Riddel. Pack Norris with Phys-Negate, Riddel with Mag-Negate, and go to town. Avoid white elements of course. And as suggested, red elements will severely hamper his abilities if you'd like to throw those in, too.
#8felixrushPosted 2/26/2010 4:56:22 PM
The topic was marked for spoilers besides I only care about games that have stories I like.
---
#9felixrushPosted 2/26/2010 5:34:24 PM
Oh... wait. Don't have that pendant..., eh, oh well. >_>;
---
#10MC_BatCommander(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2010 6:17:53 PM
I didn't tell you because it's a side quest and the guides are there for a reason.

Well I didn't mean I wasn't using Diminish, but if he got off a Dash & Gash BEFORE I cast it, it's a guaranteed death which was annoying. As for Phys-Negate, what's the success rate of that? I figured it wouldn't work on Dario because a lot of his damage comes from his normal physical attacks.
---