Favourite Government Type? Part II

#1BrooksmclPosted 12/17/2009 3:27:54 PM
I was just wondering what everyones favourite government type was for peacetime and wartime. Mine is the Republic for peacetime and Fanaticism for wartime.
---
"have it with a sister or relative. it's free and it only makes the family stronger."Dark_S RSN - Brooksmcl
#2aclichedboyPosted 12/20/2009 7:44:25 AM
ohhhhh damn

OT: Republic/Democracy if I'm going hardtech, and Monarchy/Communism if I'm going for earlywar.
---
Boomer = Pyro (Vomit is like fire kinda) - Ilikeicecreem
#3Brooksmcl(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2009 7:44:11 PM
Merry Christmas Bump.
---
"have it with a sister or relative. it's free and it only makes the family stronger."Dark_S RSN - Brooksmcl
#4Brooksmcl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2010 5:37:48 PM
Happy New Years Bump!
---
#5Brooksmcl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2010 4:46:39 PM
Bump.
---
#6Brooksmcl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2010 9:14:48 AM
Bump.
---
#7MeleeMasterPosted 1/14/2010 2:05:03 AM
The democracy is not only my preferred government, but it seems to be the best when used correctly.

You might be thinking "oh, but what if you go to war?" Turns out there's a clever way that some players use to fight wars as a democracy.

Basically you need to plan ahead and carefully allocate your military units. Build the majority of your military from a city with Shakespeare's Theater so there's no unhappiness, and bribe as many military units as you can from barbarians since they will have no upkeep costs and have them upgraded through Leonardo's Workshop.

When waging the war you need to control when the enemy tries to negotiate, and goad the enemy into repeatedly sneak attacking you so your Senate will interfere less. Your legislature will be less likely to accept peace with a power that wronged their constituents after all.

Another way to get around the Senate interfering is to have a friendly power to go war with your enemy. They'll ask you through diplomatic contact to declare war, and the Senate has no say in it.
---
---
#8Brooksmcl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2010 1:22:56 PM
Bump.
---
#9Brooksmcl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2010 8:59:40 PM
Bump.
---
#10Brooksmcl(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2010 1:50:45 PM
Bump.
---