Also can you EDIT the map you're on while playing it?

#1MonarchPaulosPosted 9/22/2012 9:32:20 PM
I can't edit it like ... put a patch of pheasants to help food growth or anything like that, I'm kind of stuck in that area... I always seem to begin to lose money around 500 AD no matter what I do...
---
PSN: PaulosBlade, AIM: PaulostheSpy
http://www.youtube.com/user/PaulosTheGamer , I am Paulos Hunter Blade, owner of www.gamelegacies.com preserving legacies!
#2Pako PakoPosted 9/23/2012 12:27:20 PM
There might be a cheat editor that lets you do that, but if such a program exists, I think it could be a little buggy considering it's an existing game and you could turn your enemies cities into islands.

That said, I remember Civ2 having a map-creator element, but you would have to start your game over.

As for losing money, no one really gains money until they have a stable state. And to have a stable state, one thing is to curb your opponents (to stop them from attacking). The other things involve sacrificing city improvements to focus on Wonders or Technology, or simply making more cities.

As cities grow, they fluctuate between "I need more time/money to build and grow" to "I'm at the right population to give taxes and luxuries" back to "I need more time/money to build more and grow more."

Also, have you considered changing governments, creating "We Love Leader" days, or building lots of roads?
---
-=PakoPako=-
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
#3MonarchPaulos(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 12:29:50 AM
Phew I got work to do in that case, I usually have luxuries for the people either ON or OFF... I'm still in like only 2000 Bc and my people aren't UNHAPPY, and my total income is about 58 while my taxes are 63- I need to get that CIV2 cheat device lol because that "editor" in game is NOT that great... sure you can change money and all but for someone as creative as me I usually need full access for editing many aspects of the game... I just gotta figure out how to keep a steady government without failures and losing food/etc... example I can't like edit how much FOOD I have, I'd rather have that option possibly than changing money lol.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PaulosTheGamer , I am Paulos Hunter Blade, owner of www.gamelegacies.com preserving legacies!
#4Pako PakoPosted 9/25/2012 10:15:12 PM(edited)
Have you thought of using the in-game loopholes? (e.g. Cheats and Bugs)

Also note that if you're playing the CPU beyond "Prince," their kingdoms get bonuses to... well, everything.
civfanatics.com/civ2/strategy

Plus, there are plenty of ways to milk your own government systems, or to abuse A.I. predictability.
civfanatics.com/civ2/aistupidities

Things that even the in-game Civilopedia is a little vague on include just how much Happiness helps you (not just to stave unhappiness, but when your towns have a majority of Happy people) and how Trade (and corruption) work. And also mention that once you learn Trade and build caravans, you can ship food from one city to another.

Also, you can modify Rules.TXT to suit your playing style. You can make enemies more docile, change the technology tree, even add new types of units. (This is how people make scenarios.) The game even provides you with three custom sprites to start out with (a samurai, an airship, and a gondola.)
---
-=PakoPako=-
#5MonarchPaulos(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2012 4:05:42 PM
Thanks, when I'm in a better mood I'll maybe look into it... =]
---
#6Pako PakoPosted 9/29/2012 8:23:27 PM
MonarchPaulos posted...
Thanks, when I'm in a better mood I'll maybe look into it... =]

No problem. I still lurk on this board, so I'm happy to talk shop.
---
-=PakoPako=-