I vant to put WHEAT all around my city.

#1MonarchPaulosPosted 10/21/2012 10:33:53 PM
I want to, is that possible?
---
PSN: PaulosBlade, AIM: PaulostheSpy
http://www.youtube.com/user/PaulosTheGamer , I am Paulos Hunter Blade, owner of www.gamelegacies.com preserving legacies!
#2Pako PakoPosted 10/23/2012 2:03:31 PM(edited)
The resource? (Like Whales or Silk or Gold.)

Not with the in-game editor, which randomly creates resources that are at least 3 squares apart. In the 21-square grid surrounding the city, you can only have 5 special resources, max. (Shields on grasslands do not count as a special resource. Rivers also do not count for the purpose of "seeding" the map.)

If you mean by surrounding your city with wheat/food-producing squares, then yeah, totally possible.

The largest city possible in-game is one built atop 5 plains w/wheat (or desert w/oasis... or more if you use the Airbase bug) and 16 grassland squares. For trade-token bonuses (which translate into tax/luxury/science tokens), it would be nice if these had rivers and shields too.

With farming (or airbases), you would get 4 food from each grass square and 6 from the five others, giving your city a base potential of 47. With added food trucks (from your other cities), you can feed the size of that one city even more...

Some more reading if you're interested:
zompist.com/winciv2.htm
forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=96725
---
-=PakoPako=-
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"