ATTN: please help

#1beny_pimpsterPosted 8/17/2012 12:17:58 AM
Good Day!

i have a DOS version of red alert and i am missing video cut scenes. i was wondering if you guys know where can i download the video file so i can enjoy the single campaign

thnx in advance
#2Recoome_is_godPosted 8/17/2012 4:17:08 AM
The video files for each campaign are on the discs, which should be necessary to play the DOS version of the game.

I have no idea what could be wrong, but you could always try copying movies1.mix and movies2.mix into your RA directory.

NOTE:
Due to how the game works, RA will check for Movies1.mix first, and if it's found then will not bother checking for Movies2.mix. Depending on which campaign you are playing, you should only have one of these particular .mix files in your directory at a time.

Movies1.mix - Allied Campaign videos
Movies2.mix - Soviet Campaign videos
---
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog: it feeds the hand that bites it.
DOOMBEARS II - Return to the Labyrinth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWdejK6yKiQ
#3beny_pimpster(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2012 9:50:22 PM
Recoome_is_god posted...
The video files for each campaign are on the discs, which should be necessary to play the DOS version of the game.

I have no idea what could be wrong, but you could always try copying movies1.mix and movies2.mix into your RA directory.

NOTE:
Due to how the game works, RA will check for Movies1.mix first, and if it's found then will not bother checking for Movies2.mix. Depending on which campaign you are playing, you should only have one of these particular .mix files in your directory at a time.

Movies1.mix - Allied Campaign videos
Movies2.mix - Soviet Campaign videos

thnx yo! i fixed it lol