Skirmish?

#1lostcali8Posted 12/2/2009 9:47:04 PM

Is there a skirmish/instant battle mode like in it's computer counterpart? Man was that fun.

Never played Red Alert on the PS but jammed the hell out of it on PC. Just wondering if it's basically the same game or have things been a bit scaled back?

Thanks for the info guys.

#2GunbladeladPosted 12/3/2009 11:44:53 AM
Yes, it's got a skirmish mode, and the original version (I don't know about the PSN version) also had multi-system link play (Basically, a 2 player LAN game). There's only 15 maps for those 2 modes, however.

The controls will seem like a struggle if you're used to the PC version, however. With practice, however, you'll master the game easily enough.

The biggest drawback is that you're on a fixed course through the missions, rather than having a choice out of 2 or 3 different areas to battle in for the next mission.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
Pal Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=277
#3lostcali8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2009 7:26:52 PM

Awesome, thanks for the info man. Saw that Retaliation popped up on the PSN this week so I just went with that. Only ever played Counterstrike on PC so I couldn't resist some "new" Red Alert content.

Been hearing it has new units and 105 skirmish maps as well? Worth a purchase for that alone!

#4travis17Posted 12/7/2009 11:39:54 AM
Too bad skirmish mode against 3 AI opponents still suffers from ungodly slowdown even on the PS3. Ruins the game.

---
Sig Line: TBA