Is this game downloadable on the Wii?

#1sloth7dPosted 7/2/2009 5:14:26 AM
Topic.

---
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss255/InEventuality/1239119461481.jpg
#2XiviosPosted 7/2/2009 8:55:11 AM
Stupid question, sorry. Has to be said though. Rare was purchased by Microsoft in late 2002. It's been over 6 years and a generation of consoles since then.

Rare has developed a Conker remake for the Xbox, a Perfect Dark sequel, a Banjo Tooie sequel, developed 3 new IPs (GBTG, Viva Piņata, and Kameo) for the Xbox and two Rare games from the N64 have been placed on the Xbox Live Arcade. To have any assumption that they would ever release something for the Wii is laughable. The only reason the DK games were released on the VC was that Rare and Microsoft had no say in the matter.

It's more likely this title will one day appear on XBLA, alongside it's N64-Rare stablemates, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie, and, if rumors hold true (hope they do), Perfect Dark.
---
It's true what they say, the grass is always greener, and you don't really know what it is you have, until it's gone. Gone. Gone...-Conker T. Squirrel.
#3sloth7d(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2009 11:51:23 PM
Right. It was just a question for us not in the loop, buddy. Thanks though.

---
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss255/InEventuality/1239119461481.jpg
#4XiviosPosted 7/3/2009 12:52:14 AM
Sorry to repeat myself, but it has been a long time since the buyout. Just typing "www.rareware.com" into your browser's address bar and going to their website would show you the "Microsoft Game Studios" logo and Microsoft legalese at the bottom of the page.

Secondly, that entire post is more or less a copy/paste of another post asking for a petition for this game to be released to the VC. I only swapped out the word "petition" for "question" here, and rewrote the final line. To be fair, your question is less stupid than their petition, since they knew bloody well that Rare was Microsoft controlled (said so in their first post. Which is still on the main page. You could have skipped yourself this whole thing if you read their topic)

Finally, the rumors did hold true, and Perfect Dark will be released on the Xbox Live Arcade later this year :D
---
It's true what they say, the grass is always greener, and you don't really know what it is you have, until it's gone. Gone. Gone...-Conker T. Squirrel.
#5Franco169Posted 7/3/2009 5:23:38 AM

You didn't have to be so harsh there ;), but it is your opinion so if you say so. By the way, Rareware still makes games for Nintendo portables.

#6XiviosPosted 7/3/2009 12:21:02 PM
I know. I own Diddy Kong Racing in both it's forms, the N64 original, and one on my DS. Which is fairly significant, since it's a legitmate copy and I usually just pirate DS games. I can't do that to Rare though.

You have to remember though, that Microsoft does not produce any handheld consoles. The only portable device they produce is the Zune, a music player. So, they are free to develop for it as a 3rd party developer.

But, here's a bit of trivia for you; did you know that Conkers Bad Fur Day was not the first game Conker was in? And I'm not talking about Twelve Tales, that eventually turned into BFD. I'm talking about the first released title to actually have Conker as a character in it.

It was Diddy Kong Racing, released in 97. Pocket Tales was next, in 99, then things kinda did a 180 away from his cutesy image here, when CBFD was released in 01.

And they removed him from the DS DKR remake.

That alone is a pretty clear sign that he won't be showing up on a Nintendo console anytime soon.
---
#7Franco169Posted 7/3/2009 5:45:20 PM

Yeah actually I did know he was in DKR! But it is not to big of a deal for me anymore, because I was able to hack my Wii and get a N64 emulator (doesn't work proporly yet though but it will soon). Thanks anyways:)

#8DK64DSPosted 7/10/2009 11:01:50 PM
Short answer: No.
---
"I tried a Klondike bar once. It was disgusting." ~ ultravaidd
#9PincheCriaPosted 7/13/2009 11:19:18 PM
Besides the Conker remake I don't like anything else released by Rare. I think they lost my respect with releases like Viva Pinata and the new Banjo Kazooie game.
---
Waiting for. Bioshock 2, Assasin's Creed 2, COD:MW2, Mass Effect 2, & ODST
#10ded5833Posted 7/18/2009 2:32:11 PM
"Besides the Conker remake I don't like anything else released by Rare. I think they lost my respect with releases like Viva Pinata and the new Banjo Kazooie game."

I find these games quite underrated actually. Viva Pinata is quite fun although very cutesy, and Banjo Kazooie N&B is a fun game in it's own right, just with Banjo characters.
---
These counting things are stupid.
People that agree: 16