Best Crash game to start with?

#1MonkeyWizardPosted 6/21/2009 9:38:01 PM
I haven't played any Crash games yet, but I wanted to try a game out. Which one would be the best to start out with?
#2He_Who_PlayethPosted 6/22/2009 1:17:10 AM
Let's see...

Crash 1: Negatives:worst graphics, crappy saving system, no apparent story (unless you read the manual), no time trial
Positives: possibly the longest of the original games, more challenging

Crash 2: Negatives: not quite as challenging, still no time trial!
Positives: Warp room system introduced (with a save point, so it has a good save system), better levels (in my opinion), 5 secret levels to find, actually has an in-game story

Crash 3:Negatives: doesn't quite have the feel of the first two (people who have played all of them will know what I'm talking about), too many vehicle levels
Positives: TIME TRIAL!!!, 5 bonus and 2 secret levels, in-game story

Crash:the wrath of cortex (if you have a PS2): Pretty much an enhaced version of Crash 3(graphics and gameplay are essentially the same, but PS2 version, not PS1)

In my opinion, the wrath of cortex is the best, crash 3 second, and 1 and 2 are 3rd=
If you're planning to play them all anyway, you should start with number 1.

Also, many people say Crash 2 is better than 3, but the time trial adds many hours of play time after the game has gotten boring. I've spent about 7-10 hours doing time trials by now, even though the levels got boring ages ago
---
YOU SPOONY BARD! ~ Tellah, Final Fantasy IV
Even I am edible, but that, my children, is called cannibalism ~ Willy Wonka
#3He_Who_PlayethPosted 6/22/2009 1:19:47 AM
Oh, and as I'm sure you know, all four games have gems to collect.
Crash 1 is near impossible to get even a few, unless you are really dedicated
Crash 2,3 and Wrath of Cortex are far easier to get, but I think I had more fun collecting them
---
#4MonkeyWizard(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2009 11:55:13 AM
Oh, I know net to nothing about Crash, I just was in the mood to play a linear-style 3D platformer (loved Sly Cooper etc.), and know that Crash is regarded as one of the better ones. If nobody else wants to chime in, I'll go ahead and play Wrath of Cortex. If I REALLY like it, I'll go ahead and play some of the other ones. Also, are there any other games in the style of Crash (linear), that you'd recommend?
#5He_Who_PlayethPosted 6/22/2009 8:55:01 PM
There's no other linear ones, but Crash Team Racing is the best damn kart racer ever, and Crash Bash is an awesome two-player game.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, in Crash 3 and Wrath of Cortex, you get a new power for beating each boss, like Double jump etc. Makes the game more interesting
---
#6OkirehtxoPosted 7/5/2009 2:30:15 PM
In my personal opinion, I think Wrath of Cortex is the worst and the best is 2.

But on a replayability level, 3 and WoC dominate.

I'd start with either 1 or 2. It wouldn't hurt starting with 3 either.
#7zackbandicootPosted 7/19/2009 3:06:16 PM
out of 1, 3, andWoC i thought 1 was da best
---
when life gives you lemons, shut up and eat your lemons
#8He_Who_PlayethPosted 7/19/2009 10:30:52 PM
^ Crash 1 is the game that I keep going back to every couple of months, it never gets boring
---
If I had a good quote, I would put it here
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, GTA:San Andreas
#9Eriorguez_4everPosted 7/20/2009 7:45:24 AM

From: He_Who_Playeth | Posted: 6/23/2009 5:55:01 AM | #005
There's no other linear ones, but Crash Team Racing is the best damn kart racer ever, and Crash Bash is an awesome two-player game.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, in Crash 3 and Wrath of Cortex, you get a new power for beating each boss, like Double jump etc. Makes the game more interesting

The 2 GBA games are also linear. Sidescrolling and of inferior quality, but linear too.
---
This is GameFAQs, not GameAsk-At-The-Boards.
#10He_Who_PlayethPosted 7/20/2009 9:07:16 PM
True
---
If I had a good quote, I would put it here
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, GTA:San Andreas