This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weapon Attributes; Quench/Thirst, Heal/Drain?

#1Protector WindPosted 5/18/2009 2:05:49 PM
I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times but what are the best weapon skills?

Thirst or Quench?
Drain or Heal? (I know 'drain' is better in DC2)
Obviously, all the other 7 positive ones (not Poor, Fragile etc).

I ask as I've just picked up a Sand Breaker from a chest in the Wise Owl Forest and was wondering whether to spend time getting Thirst off it or not if Quench is better?

Thanks for any help or tips.
---
Voted the Black Evil Pig of Time, Tomba Board
Playing: http://backloggery.com/moffie
#2Enshidia123Posted 5/18/2009 3:20:37 PM
Hey PW.
I think general consensus is that Quench is better, although I prefer Thirst.
---
Stuck in the PSX and PS2 since 2001
#3AlexanderDrakePosted 5/18/2009 5:03:29 PM
For Quench and Thirst it depends on your style. If you can kill enemies really fast then by all means take Thirst, as every time you kill something you get a drop filled.

However, most people find it easier to use Quench as then the water meter empties slower.

The main arguement for Thirst is that if you can kill things fast then there is no need to ever buy/have more than 2-3 water in case of emergency.
---
"Has anyone really been even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" - Some guy on 4chan
#4LancetJadesPosted 5/18/2009 5:11:52 PM
In my experience, the only time losing water too fast is ever a problem is at the very beginning, when you're unlikely to have many characters OR a quench/thirst weapon.

Anytime after that, water should almost never be so much of a problem you'd need Thirst's kill bonus. It isn't like you'll need to knock back a jug of water every floor.

---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
#5Protector Wind(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2009 12:03:19 AM
Hey Enshi, and LancetJades, didn't know you both played DC! Cool.

I tried Thirst in my last palythrough but it's been so long I can't remember what it was like. In that case I guess I'll go for Quench then and just sell my SandBreaker.

Thanks a lot everyone! Much appreciated!
---
Voted the Black Evil Pig of Time, Tomba Board
Playing: http://backloggery.com/moffie