This Game on Windows 7 x64

#1Tifas_RevengePosted 7/5/2011 12:11:35 PM
Has anyone tried firing it up and playing it on Windows 7 x64? Just wondering if it would work at all, since it's designed for Windows 9x. Any links to patches if possible?
---
Tifas-Revenge (#1 99 Sorc on USWest Diablo 2 LOD Ladder August 2004) "Fresh outta the factory with no warranty and already broken; whata pity!" Vegeta
#2Tifas_Revenge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 12:14:03 PM
Nevermind, this I think would work:

Darkstone is an Action RPG released in 1999 that I still play from time to time. The Darkstone installer fails on newer versions of Windows with the error "Cannot launch install". Thankfully this is only a problem with the installer and the game works fine when manually installed. Here are the instructions for installing Darkstone on Windows 7 x64.

In the following instructions the drive for the CD is D. If your drive is a different letter, please use that instead.

1. Create the folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Delphine Software\Darkstone\
2. Copy everything from
D:\Data\
into
3. Copy
D:\music.MTF
into
4. Copy
D:\voices1.MTF
into
5. Copy everything from
D:\mdata\
into
C:\Program Files (x86)\Delphine Software\Darkstone\mdata\
6. Go back to
and right click on Darkstone.exe and click Properties. On the Compatibility tab check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows 98 / Windows Me" from the dropdown.
7. In RegEdit create the following key chain
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Wow6432Node\ DelphineSoft\ Darkstone\ CurrentVersion\ Darkstone
and make sure you're in that key before creating the following values.
8. Create a string value of DataPath and set the value to
9. Create a string value of Language and set the value to
ENGLISH
10. Create a string value of SavingPath and set the value to
---
Tifas-Revenge (#1 99 Sorc on USWest Diablo 2 LOD Ladder August 2004) "Fresh outta the factory with no warranty and already broken; whata pity!" Vegeta