CANT I TRANSFER the installe game?

#1FraleePosted 1/3/2010 8:00:06 PM
i can not find the diablo 2 disks but i can find the expansion disk

is ther a way to pull the game off my old computer and 'install' it on my new computer?
---
All Wisdom Is Plagiarized,
Only Stupidity Is Original.
#2the dark halfPosted 1/4/2010 1:52:02 PM
while in theory, you could take every installed part of it put in on disk and put it exactly as it was in another computer.Actually trying to locate every related registry key installed by diablo 2 and copying them is just not worth the time and effort. it's just better if you buy it as a download or find the game elsewhere like ebay.
---
There is always the chance that you will meet any challenge given to you. Life is the ultimate challenge given to everyone. Rise up and meet it!
#3JasterRogue111Posted 1/19/2010 6:35:21 PM
ya i just ryed like 3 minutes ago to burn it from the cd to another....they evedentally put a block on that...so first you'd have to bypass that....i go with him and say just buy it....lot easier

---
Without the bun, the sausage has no home
MWR fc : 1818-9110-5698 Sn1lRogue
#4Fralee(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2010 6:49:51 PM
well im quite late in replying to this one

anyway what my problme is , is that i cant find my d2 disks with the battlechest i have LOD thoguht

all im wanting to do is save all my char. and relocate it to my new computer

i realy dont want to go and buy another battlechest
---
All Wisdom Is Plagiarized,
Only Stupidity Is Original.
#5the dark halfPosted 2/3/2010 7:44:24 AM
well if all you want to do is save your chars that can be done easily enough. in the diablo 2 folder on your computer there should be a "save" folder. This should have all your charaters info on it. to use it though, you will need diablo 2 to where you are putting it. They will not let you just install the expansion there has to be an existing diablo 2 classic installed first to use it.
---
There is always the chance that you will meet any challenge given to you. Life is the ultimate challenge given to everyone. Rise up and meet it!
#6PirwzwhomperPosted 2/11/2010 12:01:37 AM
You can just buy it from Blizzard and download the game.

http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000047

Once you buy it, you can download it as many times as you want if you're logged in to your Battle.net account.

---
WoW-80War,80Hun,80Dru,80DK,72Sha,70Pal
FFXI-12THF. Oh, and a Browns fan.