How do you heal a hireling???

#1myDogTazPosted 4/25/2012 12:07:23 AM
Can someone give me a detailed explanation on how to heal a hireling? I've looked online and saw the whole 'drag a potion on their portrait' or 'shift right-click on a potion to give it to them' but for some reason, I can't seem to get it to work.

I've tried all combinations of shift+right-click, shift+left-click, ctrl+right-click, ctrl+left-click, and nothing seems to work. If anything, my character ends up drinking the potion.

Also, I've tried dragging potions and dragging and dropping potions to the hireling portrait, but it doesn't do anything. If anything, my character ends up 'dropping' the potion on the ground.

What gives?
#2xLexLuth0rxPosted 4/25/2012 10:37:53 AM
Not sure what you're doing wrong. When I just did it now, I simply clicked on a potion in my inventory, dragged it over their picture, the picture highlighted a bit and then they said, 'Thank you'. Not much to it.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#3myDogTaz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 3:23:06 PM
Finished playing just now- I still can't seem to heal my hirelings :(

When I click and drag potions from my inventory to the hireling picture, their picture doesn't highlight or do anything at all (?).

I'm playing ver 1.13 by the way. Not sure if that helps or changes anything. After I beat D2, I'm gonna play the expansion where I hear you have more control over your hireling's inventory and whatnot.
#4Dn262sevenPosted 4/28/2012 5:29:02 PM
You can't heal hirelings in D2 Classic. You have to get the expansion to do that.
---
-Darknut2627
#5myDogTaz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 4:33:26 PM
Ah I see. Thanks.