Conker!?

#21AlphrinPosted 3/14/2013 10:32:03 AMmessage detail
I think this topic deserves to go to 500.

Also, I understand the TC's question about Conker, but why is he surprised about Banjo being in an E-rated game? All of Banjo's games are E-rated (despite the dark humor and not-so-subtle innuendo in Banjo-Tooie) .
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#22misterbumPosted 3/17/2013 8:37:16 PMmessage detail
^ This! I agree!
---
You became the boss. You are great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jA7nRwQp_E
#23FishOfPainPosted 3/31/2013 9:20:46 AMmessage detail
To 500! :D

BTW, what did you guys think when Rare moved to Microsoft? At first I didn't like it very much, but after seeing the games they've made since then I don't really feel like I've missed out on anything. Really wonder if they had made the same games if they stayed with Nintendo...?
---
"You're a jerk, Dent"
Wowbagger from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
#24tkarplusPosted 4/16/2013 10:42:04 PMmessage detail
Bump :)

Just bought this game for the N64, playing through it for the first time! Got to the second Dino boss race in about an hour, but haven't beaten it yet. I think there's some kind of power sliding trick that I need to learn how to do (the game said something about braking while skidding), but I haven't figured it out yet. The game is really fun, though! The graphics don't hold up perfectly, but the gameplay is good and there's clearly a lot of imagination that went into the game.

Also, thanks for this thread, it made me laugh a lot.
---
David, watch out! You're standing too close to the wall
#25AlphrinPosted 4/28/2013 7:54:58 PMmessage detail
I just played Conker's Bad Fur Day then went back to this. It's always jarring to return to Conker's more innocent days.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#26kholdestarePosted 5/7/2013 5:08:19 AMmessage detail
Also, in the manual it says that Timber was the one that invited everyone to the island because he lives there and wanted WizPig gone. Banjo's page says that he's striking out on his own before his own big adventure with Kazooie. Tiptup had a cameo in both Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. And just to bring it full circle, Banjo and Kazooie are both in Conker's Bad Fur Day, albeit dead.
---
I am IceKholdStare.....
#27DumpsterMcNuggetsPosted 5/7/2013 11:17:19 AMmessage detail
Darn, this thread is making me realize I've never tried Pocket Tales out for GBC. Is it still a decent game for reduced GBC standards? I'm sure it obviously isn't as decent as Bad Fur Day, but then what game that was made for GBC is, vs. N64 games?
---
np: Extm. G 3(PS2),Yoshi Island(SNES),Alpha Protocol(PS3), Krby Pnbl. Land(GB)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/588740-super-mario-world-2-yoshis-island/63984893
#28Aporia_MagePosted 6/6/2013 5:17:50 AMmessage detail
It received favourable reviews at the time, I would have bought it if I hadn't been 13 and penniless.

I need to play this game again, I was so pro when I was a kid.

Another note: David Wise is a seriously good VG composer.
---
PSN & GT: alainvey
#29XxPika740xXPosted 6/7/2013 1:02:24 PMmessage detail
lets keep this topic alive for LordBowser's sake.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicandGamesandStuf
----->Pika740<----- Sprezzatura
#30FishOfPainPosted 6/8/2013 4:54:23 PMmessage detail
DumpsterMcNuggets posted...
Darn, this thread is making me realize I've never tried Pocket Tales out for GBC. Is it still a decent game for reduced GBC standards? I'm sure it obviously isn't as decent as Bad Fur Day, but then what game that was made for GBC is, vs. N64 games?

I actually ordered Pocket Tales a few days ago... Was originally just ordering a guide for Disgaea Hour of Darkness and found this from the same seller, so I thought why not?

Probably will take ages before I play it, though. My backlog's rather huge at the moment.
---
"You're a jerk, Dent"
Wowbagger from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy