How is it if you only play it alone?

#1TLeHnPosted 2/20/2013 1:00:51 PM
I've got to know about this game after I read the list on the N64 board where it was listed as a game every N64 owner should own. I don't know anything about this game but I'm interested. How is this game if you only play it alone? I'm a bit unsure because racing games are usually played with many people (like the Mario Kart series) but I don't have anyone who likes playing video games. How does this affect the replay value? Is this game built around multiplayer?

Thanks in advance!
---
"Hito no yo ni, umareshi koro yori, ikusa michi, ouka...RANBU~!!" - Dunban (Xenoblade)
#2bomb851Posted 2/20/2013 7:38:03 PM
I haven't played this game since I beat it back in 1998, but from what I can remember the bread and butter is the single player mode. That's where the challenge is and it's how you unlock all the rest of the tracks along with beating all the bosses too. The multiplayer in DKR is the same as MarioKart whether it be racing or battling. However when comparing those two games, DKR 's single player mode is harder, more fun, and has more replay value than MarioKart's.
---
GT: bomb851
#3TLeHn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 2:48:41 PM
Cool, this sounds interesting! I think I'm gonna get it. Thanks for your reply!
---
"Hito no yo ni, umareshi koro yori, ikusa michi, ouka...RANBU~!!" - Dunban (Xenoblade)
Currently playing: Monster Hunter Tri
#4NeonYoshi11Posted 2/23/2013 5:10:48 PM
It has so much content for a 1997 racing game.