I unlocked T.T. who else is in the club? Who beat or mastered Adventure 2?

#1xOmniCloudxPosted 10/12/2013 8:44:20 AM
So I was a young teen who had all the time in the world for video games and put hundreds of hours into RPGs and was basically obsessed with games I loved. DKR despite being known for its difficulty due to absurd conditions and luck factor was not only beaten by me but mastered in Adventure 1 mode. A task anyone that completed knows that for the most part is just trial and error. Not necessarily hard though i did use Pipsy for 97% of it and Tiptup just to change it up a few times for the other 3%.Those character were insanely good and it was better racing as them than against them.

Although funnily enough, I went back to play the game after many years of not doing so and get destroyed by the game. A common thing with old games I haven't played in a long time that I excelled at while much younger. But I remember that even at my best back then I could not finish Adventure 2 because of the challenge parts. Winning the races were no problems but the silver coin challenges could be ridiculous as it were in A. In A2 it's even tougher with everything else amped up. Also at the time I was so used to the old tracks that the mirrored versions of them threw me of too much and made it even harder.

So after realizing that A2 I would attempt later (I mean many years and now here we are at least a decade later). But, I learned that it was possible to unlock T.T. but would be time consuming and have insane time requirements. Ones that got harder if you already beat the best default times before starting the challenge since your best would be used as the new default score to overcome in the challenge (at least I think it worked like that). It sucked because I did do that for many tracks and had my initials so I had to work even harder to do so.

But, I remember being so determined and another friend thinking I was crazy and couldn't do it. But in the end I did it (and also mastered Crash Team Racing with everything). I went back last year because my data seemed to delete itself and I feared the save battery died or it got corrupted. Fortunately it was some weird glitch because after cleaning it out and putting back in, T.T., Drumstick and all my data returned. Since Adventure 2 mode is hell and T.T. is hands down the fastest racer in the gamer I was thinking of trying it with him. If A2 mode can be done then T.T. should be the best choice for it. I'm starting to think he was made just to make A2 manageable though I'm sure any character can do it eventually if you are good enough and lucky enough.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#2BenifyPosted 10/17/2013 6:07:33 PM
nobody
---
Yoshi in the clouds http://i.imgur.com/22cOC1F.jpg
Brawl FC: 1334 2961 6336
#3EmeraldPosted 10/19/2013 7:29:17 PM
I have unlocked T.T., and I have beaten Adventure 2. The only troubles I ever had with the game was a couple of T.T. time trials (I think one of the Dino ones gave me a hard time), the silver coin challenge in Greenwood Village, and beating Wizpig for the first time.
---
"I've been diddled again!" --- Plok
#4PentiumMMXPosted 11/19/2013 1:06:33 PM
I've done just about everything you can possibly do in this game several times over. I've played it so much that Adventure 1 is etched into my mind and playing as Pipsy is like second nature (Adventure 2 provides a more interesting challenge; since I'm not quite as familiar with it)
---
When I see dandelions, I think to myself...that stuff would itch if it got in your nose
-Gardenia (.hack//Infection)
#5RayThrustPosted 12/8/2013 7:01:18 AM
I got T.T. myself last summer. Had beaten most of T.T.s track times as a kid. Gave myself a pat on the shoulder and finished Jungle Falls, Crescent Island and the Future Fun Land courses.

I remember I mostly used Timber and Conker. They were cute.
Also used Drumstick now and them. Who doesn't want to play as the unlockable character? Besides two of my friends always played as Pipsy and Tiptup.

Got save files with a fully completed Adventure and Adventure 2 mode. Did it all as a kid.
I've never had trouble getting back into this game, not driving the car at least. I need a couple of races to catch up using the plane tho.

Guess I gotta do a Krunch/Banjo run some time...
#6xOmniCloudx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 3:59:19 AM
Wish I had people to play would be more motivating to finish A2 again and have someone to share the experience with. I'm aware the experts and super vets could fully complete this game with any character by the way. I was just talking more from the average player experience from someone who doesn't play the game much and know it at the deepest level.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#7ShiningForceXPosted 12/15/2013 7:37:12 AM
I mastered A1 and A2 but only got like 2 or 3 of those platinum speed runs.
---
If you have to use force...use Shining Force!
#8LashenPosted 12/23/2013 5:20:47 PM
Picked this up again recently, myself.

I just beat T.T. on all tracks using Drumstick today, the only one that ended up being a nightmare was Frosty Villageómaybe I should have chose a different character.

Now, on to Adventure Two.
---
http://www.angelfire.com/goth/vampiresavior/
#9MrGuru64Posted 1/7/2014 10:58:48 PM
Hello.
#10SeiferMasterPosted 1/8/2014 10:52:46 AM(edited)
MrGuru64 posted...
Hello.

I just had a blast from the past.