Remake?

#1HawkesAndCOPosted 7/4/2007 11:16:08 AM

I just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about a possible remake. I'm surprised that capcom didn't remake this on the gamecube as they did with resident evil.

With PS3 or 360 graphics this game will be class. I suppose it should remain a classic though.

Thoughts?

#2G-RexPosted 7/4/2007 11:11:41 PM
Hmm. I didn't expect this board to still be alive. I guess this old dinosaur still has some life in it after all. Anyway, I just played through this game again a couple of times, and I must say that I would really like it if they remade it. They'd have a lot of work to do to get it up to today's standards, but I believe if they really did it right, Capcom would have a legendary game rivaling the success of even blockbuster titles like Resident Evil 4.

First off, I think they should steer the game back in the direction of Dino Crisis 2. Include portions of the game where enemies constantly respawn and attack in mass quantities. This could be done in a variety of locations, such as the backyard, the windowed hallway, the B1 crate area, etc. Also, more types of dinosaurs should be included this time around. I could very easily see an Allosaurus in the large size elevator area, or Inostrancevia in the underground passage connecting that to the heliport. With the addition of these enemies, I think the game should do away with the item box/plug system an reinstate the EP system. This, of course, means that a larger variety of weapons would be very preferable. I have no complaints about the games sound, other than that the gunshots sound a little weak, so that could remain the same more or less. If they did rerecord, though, I would hope that they could get back the original voice actors. The voice acting and dialogue for that game was top notch, especially when compared to the Resident Evil titles. Finally, and most obviously, the game would need a massive graphics overhall on the level of Resident Evil: Rebirth. The inclusion of some new areas and the redesign of some old ones would be a nice way to mix things up, but I think the major issues are addressed above.

Unfortunately, however, I think the Dino Crisis franchise is not destined to see the light of development for quite some time, if ever. The series has all but been killed off by a poor sequel and even worse performing side-story shooter game. When a series takes this big of a hit, it usually sits on the back burner for quite some time before developers are ready to touch it again. Only time will tell for sure, though. Although I can't see it happening any time soon, we can always hope that someday Capcom will release a remake of this game or a worthy sequel.
---
I'm one of the most biased people you'll ever meet. I've always had an overwhelming partiality for truth and righteousness.
#3friendlydudePosted 7/6/2007 3:49:47 PM
"First off, I think they should steer the game back in the direction of Dino Crisis 2. Include portions of the game where enemies constantly respawn and attack in mass quantities. This could be done in a variety of locations, such as the backyard, the windowed hallway, the B1 crate area, etc"

I agree. That's the most important thing, in fact. Also, some of the new areas a remake would include would have to somehow make the game twice as long, because the game can be completed very quickly the way it is now.
#4buffdaddy500Posted 7/28/2007 3:46:04 PM
many of my friends who loved DC 1 & 2 didn't even know about the 3rd. which is for the best but still i think that so little is known about the horrible 3rd game that a release of a new Dino Crisis wouldn't be hesitant to snatch up by the masses.
#5theKJ0012guyPosted 7/31/2007 9:26:33 AM

dino crisis 3 is a remake but regina and many good charactors arent in it.

---

4 fun videos and stuff go to http://kj0012.wetpaint.com -leave suggestions and comments. spread the word of this gr8 website.

#6theKJ0012guyPosted 7/31/2007 9:36:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7BUTCHzombiePosted 7/31/2007 6:43:39 PM
i wish there was a remake.

i invite you all to my secret board.
---
will not change sig until there's a true and awsome sequel to dino crisis 1 + 2 http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=563998&action=addfav
#8blackthunder329Posted 8/1/2007 1:44:11 PM
I just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about a possible remake. I'm surprised that capcom didn't remake this on the gamecube as they did with resident evil.

With PS3 or 360 graphics this game will be class. I suppose it should remain a classic though.

Thoughts?

What they did with Resident Evil was crap. They pretty much rewrote the story completely. Asking about a PS3 or 360 remake is just wrong. Why worry about the graphics? The only reason games aren't getting the respect they deserve is because too many people are worried about graphics over anything else.
---
D & D Name: Lord Thoven Spelloyal the Protector
Push it to the limit? I broke the limit a long time ago.
#9HawkesAndCO(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2007 5:18:48 PM

^ Sorry but the REmake was near a perfect game.

Ican't see how you hate it?

#10blackthunder329Posted 8/3/2007 5:56:59 PM
Hmm. Let's see. Let me count the ways.

1. Jill's reaction to the zombie in the bathroom. By that time, she had to have come accross at least one other zombie. So, hmm. A little bit of a delayed reaction?

2. Jill looks like she hasn't slept in a few months in the REmake.

3. They added rooms and enemies to completely rewrite the story.

4. It was an attempt to salvage what little reputation that Nintendo had left. Nintendo was a dead system until they gained exclusivity for the series. Those of us that followed the series from the start don't get to play RE 0 unless we get a GC? BS!

That is why I hate the game. I stopped liking Nintendo back when they started keeping the games at children's levels. Why should I have changed my mind when they did a last ditch effort to save their skin?

---
D & D Name: Lord Thoven Spelloyal the Protector
Push it to the limit? I broke the limit a long time ago.
More topics from this board...
Stay here junior!Plant42537/28 12:43PM