The Dragon Warrior VII Help Sticky Topic

#121W_RPosted 8/11/2013 11:59:11 AMmessage detail(edited)
j mcdermid posted...
Vegh is wrong about this. (Shocking, I know)

If you're n<=30 battles away from level 5 when you switch out and back in, it will take 30 battles to mature.

If you're n>30 battles away from level 5 when you switch out and back in, it will take n battles to mature.

If you're already level 5 when you switch out and back in, it will take 30 battles to mature.

That's all you need to know about maturity.

Does "mature" mean "learn the hybrid skill"?

If so, then the answer to my question is 30? And you learn the hybrid skill 29 battles after reaching level 5?
#122j mcdermidPosted 8/11/2013 12:03:09 PMmessage detail
W_R posted...
Does "mature" mean "learn the hybrid skill"?

For all intents and purposes, yes.

If so, then the answer to my question is 30? And you learn the hybrid skill 29 battles after reaching level 5?

Yes.
#123W_RPosted 8/11/2013 12:55:00 PMmessage detail
So cain0505's correction is actually wrong then, or incomplete. He said the "making up" message is displayed after 30 battles when switching back to a class (mastered or not) that has reached maturity (level 5). But it sounds like maturity is not the same as reaching level 5. And a 30 battle requirement for the "making up" message may be necessary when neither level 5 has been reached nor maturity previously reached. My "1 battle away" scenario provides such an example. Maturity is reached (for the first time) 29 battles after reaching level 5. And a penalty for reaching maturity is imposed for switching out of the class when neither maturity nor level 5 had been reached. In this case, the penalty is 29 battles.
#124pullhvrdPosted 4/30/2014 11:34:50 AMmessage detail
Hey guys, just curious about my situation right now...

I am in Gracos' fane in the past, each character is roughly level 20, and I'm getting beaten fairly regularly by random encounters. Is that normal? I made my way to Gracos and tried him once, got beaten quite quickly and handily, was quite humbling. Now I'm kinda grinding/ trying to master Cleric's skills for Maribel, and regularly get 2 or all 3 of my characters wiped out by mobs with EvlAnchors, EvlTurtles, EvilDivers, etc. Kinda frustrating/ concerning, because I can't upgrade my weapons or armour, and I can't switch classes until I get past Gracos.

Any tips/ suggestions?
#125W_RPosted 4/30/2014 2:12:53 PMmessage detail
Grind where the enemies are the easiest. I also came to Hamelia with very bad classes for the region and I just had to keep leveling up until I could beat Gracos.
#126pullhvrdPosted 4/30/2014 3:32:06 PMmessage detail
Do you remember roughly what levels you were when you could finally beat him?

I tried him at Hero lvl 20, Gabo lvl 19, Maribel lvl 20 and lost quickly.

I'm now 21/20/21 and Maribel learned vivify, so I feel like my next attempt could be successful with luck.
#127pullhvrdPosted 4/30/2014 6:05:39 PMmessage detail
Beat it 2nd try with the 21/20/21 set up.

Had to rely on Jann/Bard to Angel song a few times, and had to use a world leaf. Spent most of my time healing with Hero and Maribel. Let Bard do a lot of the damage.

Finally I get to change classes :)
#128W_RPosted 4/30/2014 9:55:37 PMmessage detail
One of the more difficult parts of the game out of your way now. :o)
#129pullhvrdPosted 5/1/2014 8:00:11 PMmessage detail
Is fighting Gracos V suggested?
#130W_RPosted 5/1/2014 8:32:13 PMmessage detail
If you want to have a completed monster book when all's said in done, you have to beat him in the next few islands or you can't fight him and get that entry. Otherwise, there's no major disadvantage to not fighting him.