Game keeps freezing when I go to Esterd to tell King prince is gone.

#1OutlawzeroPosted 3/11/2013 6:36:33 AM
When I try to enter the castle the game screen goes black like it does when loading a new are, but instead of taking seconds it stays there, with the music playing and a black screen, using the controller does not work it is not loaded. I can go every where else, and even watched the resurrecting God ceremony with no problem. I even started a new game and can go to Esterd no problem, until I got to that part of the story line and once again it would not load. What the hell is so different with Esterd castle at this point of the game that some specific part of the data could be damaged and keep me from progressing, also why the hell can't you switch discs, it does not work, I switch discs wait a while and try to go some where and it does not load. Does anyone have any suggestions or am I just royally screwed?
---
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."
William Shakespeare
#2j mcdermidPosted 3/11/2013 2:13:14 PM
Dirty/smudged/scratched disc maybe?
#3VeghEstherPosted 3/11/2013 6:47:40 PM
The game has a major glitch in it every time you start a new game.

But that glitch only triggers if you actually try to by better weapons/armors to equip via Esterd Castles armor shop.

So the only way to get around that glitch is to not to buy anythink until you trigger the 3x Slimes battle on the way to rex wood.

However the glitch on this post where the game won't even allow you to fight those 3 slimes (since the game will freeze up) only triggers if you actually by equipment while still in Esterd/Fishbell.
#4stahlbaumPosted 3/12/2013 12:15:00 PM
Can you source that?
#5VeghEstherPosted 3/12/2013 1:00:32 PM
Well the glitch I triggered where if you buy better equipment in Esterd then try to trigger the 3x Slimes fight on the way to Rexwood while I had the fight never trigger (the game froze up on me 100% of the time) as soon as I tried the fight.

However they aren't any faqs on this site that actual mention this glitch and I don't know of any wikis/fansites that mention it either.
#6stahlbaumPosted 3/12/2013 1:12:25 PM
So this is your finding only?
#7j mcdermidPosted 3/12/2013 1:25:49 PM(edited)
How dare you question the most credible poster on GameFAQs.com?!?
#8VeghEstherPosted 3/12/2013 6:35:04 PM
yes the freezing glitch that I had trigger 100% of the time only happens if you attempt to battle those slimes on the way to Rexwood IF you ever buy any weapons/armors via Esterds shop and equipped them.

Yes no faq on this site mentioned this and I don't know of any source material that mentions this but still had it happen on my save files.

HOWEVER the glitch the TC triggers happened way before you can even fight those 3x slimes and I personally never had that happen.
#9stahlbaumPosted 3/12/2013 6:56:51 PM
Anyways, your glitch doesn't happen to me.

It would be a good idea to not post stuff like "The game has a major glitch in it every time you start a new game" when you seem to be the only person to experience it. If it was a glitch, it would happen to everyone and should in theory be well known. If your game is freezing, most likely it's the condition of the disk or the condition of the playstation.
#10VeghEstherPosted 3/12/2013 7:01:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]