How many hours have you clocked in?

#1SpankMcNastyPosted 10/4/2013 7:28:07 AM
On my most recent play through I've just made it to Labres in the past and I'm at about 92 hours. Granted I've done some class grinding and such as well as tons of random exploration, but this amount of time is pretty usual for me. Dragon Warrrior VII is a HUGE game and it takes me well over 150 hours to complete every time.
---
'Enter the Champion,
Prince By-Tor appears to fight for freedom, from chains of long years.'
#2BarkitaPosted 10/5/2013 5:43:52 AM
I did one save that had over 300 hours in it.
---
@zzzzzzz[]XX::::::::: KINGS-FIELD.COM ::::::::::>
#3VeghEstherPosted 10/5/2013 11:48:37 AM(edited)
Well I could start the post game in only about 75 to 80 hours will all 5 pc's with every human job mastered but I would need to spend a few more hours to level from level 45 to at least level 60 before doing the 2 bonus dungeons.

Despite ONLY using Ultra hit in the godhand class but due to the jobs low max MP counld I had to get at least 10 uses out of it (per PC) to easily beat god in the post game in the under 19 turns requirement.
#4stahlbaumPosted 10/5/2013 3:21:27 PM
VeghEsther posted...
Well I could start the post game in only about 75 to 80 hours will all 5 pc's with every human job mastered but I would need to spend a few more hours to level from level 45 to at least level 60 before doing the 2 bonus dungeons.

Despite ONLY using Ultra hit in the godhand class but due to the jobs low max MP counld I had to get at least 10 uses out of it (per PC) to easily beat god in the post game in the under 19 turns requirement.

"Well I could start the post game in only about 75 to 80 hours"

That should have been the extent of your post.
#5krw703Posted 10/7/2013 4:39:03 AM
My current playthrough is clocked in at about 33 1/2 hours going into Loomin past with Probina and Mardra already finished. I swear I'm definitely going to finish the whole game this time.

Maybe
---
PSN/twitchtv: krw703
#6Duke DarkwoodPosted 10/8/2013 10:50:25 AM
I think I was around the 120 mark when I cleared the game. I did some amount of sidequesting, perhaps a BIT more than normal, but saved the long-term goals for postgame.

My mastery file went into the upper 290s, and I don't recall if I ever actually 100%'d everything I planned to.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#7BarkitaPosted 10/9/2013 6:31:56 AM
Trying to get all the monsters and getting all the versions of the town can take massive hours of time. But once you have numerous saves, the towns are no longer a problem.
---
@zzzzzzz[]XX::::::::: KINGS-FIELD.COM ::::::::::>
#8VeghEstherPosted 10/9/2013 7:45:34 AM
I only own 1 memory card so getting all the final town forms would take forever since you can't trade NPC's yourself using only 1 card but you can't buy a 2nd card and cut and paste the same file from 1 card to the 2nd card.

Because the game itself won't allow you to trade NPC's without actually starting a full length run of the game on this 2nd card before you can trade NPC's.
#9LiamlandPosted 10/28/2013 7:01:36 AM
I started playing this game again, after about 10 years. While it isn't my favorite Dragon Warrior/Quest, it is one of the few games that I haven't beaten 100% of. I've logged over 285 hours in the game.

I'm on the fence about replaying through the main game on a new save file, or just watching a YouTube Let's Play--I started one last night and got about nine 10-minute episodes in, before realizing the video publisher logged something like 240+ videos.

I may try for a speed run through the plot with a new save file to reacquaint myself, and just ignore all the monster hearts and side-quests. (I spent a ton of time fighting PKJs until I got the monster heart drop, just before beating the final boss, which is what burned me out on the game.) By the time I beat DWVII, I had no desire to complete the bonus dungeon(s). Perhaps news of a possible 3DS re-release for the US has rekindled my interest, or I'm finally getting tired of DQIX's bonus content.
#10ShingokuuPosted 11/2/2013 6:45:48 PM
Just one hour. I never could handle the controls/menus.
---
Aniki!