Possible confirmation of the 3DS version

#1Joe73ffdqPosted 10/30/2013 2:28:32 AM
A guy I work with has an inside source that works as a programmer, and is currently a beta tester for FFXV.

His source stated that the tweet from Reggie is to let the fans know that there is interest is DQ.

This is what his source said.....

1. We should see screenshots and possible video of DQ7 by the end of November (in English)

2. Translation is all done, and they are now tweaking the graphics. He specified that they are trying to maximize the 3DS capacity, to have more fluent 3D background effects, and to allow more sprites on screen. He said the goal is to match where possible, DQ8, and even exceed it in some aspects.

3. The timing of PS4 and XB1 has set back the intended release date to Q3. The goal is actually July, on the anniversary of DQ9. He said that they thought about a Feb/Mar release, but didnt think it would sell well enough on the heels of a fresh PS4/XB1 release. This pushback will allow them more time to further improve the graphics.

4. DQX could be released as early as July also, and will be both WiiU and PC.
#2KOVO333Posted 11/7/2013 6:49:14 PM
I would never play the remake. The original could not be improved...

I am interested in watching the train wreak known as DQX though
#3unwashed_massesPosted 11/7/2013 7:23:23 PM
I feel the same way. I watched through several hours of the remake and have been reading info on it, and I do not like the changes at all. The biggest change being the way experience was scaled. It virtually destroys any challenge the game has. Grinding was never necessary in the original, and you could play through it normally and slowly build a solid team. Now if you want to challenge yourself you have to skip tons of battles. It's a shame because I really like some of the gameplay, skill and class changes overall, but I'm just not that interested in replaying a game I'm already pretty familiar with but completely neutered.

Anyway, I know I'm in the minority. I'm pretty skeptical of this claim, but if it's true then a lot of DQ fans will be happy. I'd be happy just to see evidence that SE cares about the DQ franchise outside of Japan. And I like to see more happy DQ fans and new people being introduced to the series, so I hope it comes over.
#4more_cow_bellPosted 11/7/2013 7:34:31 PM
You know a guy who knows a guy, so nothing

Joe73ffdq posted...
and they are now tweaking the graphics. He specified that they are trying to maximize the 3DS capacity, to have more fluent 3D background effects, and to allow more sprites on screen.

that seems incredible unlikely.
---
One time a thing occured to me What's real, and what's for sale? Blew a kiss and tried to take it home
#5VeghEstherPosted 11/7/2013 8:54:30 PM(edited)
Well I destroyed the challenge of the PS1 version take the Dune Region Evil Statue boss its the first one I had 3x Ultra hit users on and simply broke the game by both using it only and mastering all human jobs ASAP.

Its even easier to master all human jobs and use 3x Ultra Hit users on the first boss after jobs are usable (the 4x bandits) fight on the 3DS version as long as you access the jobs below level 19 making the game even more broken on the 3DS one.

Yes I plan on doing that once the 3DS version does get localized.
#6Lord Bob BreePosted 11/8/2013 6:29:21 AM(edited)
My uncle who works at Nintendo says they're porting it to WiiU.
---
raytan is The Man of Character Battle IX
"I like goldfish." Godric
#7badboyPosted 11/13/2013 6:45:43 AM(edited)
I doubt your source but I guess the remake will be released next year.