should i have waited for the 3ds version?

#1LaytonmanIIPosted 12/11/2013 10:18:53 PM
I saw this game for 40$ at a local game store. I talked them down to $35 took it home and have been loving it ( I'm 80 hours in). I really think it is my favorite DQ except for one thing, the world map.exploring is kind of dumb when you can see the whole island at once. then i saw screen shots of the remake and it looks just like 8! I'm kind of wishing i had waited.

Do you think it will be worth another $35 just for a replay?
#2VeghEstherPosted 12/12/2013 8:37:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3VeghEstherPosted 12/12/2013 9:57:18 AM
For waiting for the 3DS only version I say no at 80 hours into the PS1 version and I had all 5 party members with every human job mastered (end of disc 2).

On the 3DS version its possible to do all that before you reach Coastal making the 3DS version even easier to "break" the game.

But for not waiting for the 3DS one and playing the PS1 version it is even if you do as want I mentioned as above by mastering all jobs ASAP x5 party members.
#4j mcdermidPosted 12/12/2013 12:48:46 PM
"Hey Vegh, what did you have for lunch today?"

"i had a turkey sandwich and i mastered all human classes on all 5 pcs in 80 hours at the end of disc 2"

"What does that have to do with the question asked?"

"my point is that i mastered all human jobs on all 5 pcs in 80 hours at the end of disc 2"

"So?"

"i needed godhand mastered immediately on disc 1 so i could beat the post game dungeons on disc 2"

^
Summary of every conversation with Vegh on this board.

Anyway.. back on topic.

The 3DS version is going to be quite a bit different from the original. New translation, a rebalanced class system, shinier graphics. If that interests you, go ahead and buy it when it comes out.
#5VeghEstherPosted 12/12/2013 2:29:36 PM
Jobs aren't exactly "rebalanced" if you master all of them and on the 3DS version that's possible for all the human jobs ones at level 19 to 20 while 4x Ultra hit users (godhands only) is still broken.
#6more_cow_bellPosted 12/12/2013 2:41:54 PM
considering there's still no word on a western release, no.
---
Remember what the dormouse said