anybody replaying soa?

#1NightHawk777Posted 7/20/2012 7:23:35 PMmessage detail
I began replaying it yesterday. Its still as good as I recall. It is such a positive game, very little of that rpg angst and dark hero tropes, which is why I like it so much. Vyse will find a way :)
---
XBL - NightHawk777
http://users.ign.com/collection/KaliNightHawk777
#2PedroMontanaPosted 7/21/2012 2:40:48 AMmessage detail
I think i may replay this soon.
---
No More Heroes
#3strife14467Posted 7/22/2012 7:50:10 AMmessage detail
NightHawk777 posted...
I began replaying it yesterday. Its still as good as I recall. It is such a positive game, very little of that rpg angst and dark hero tropes, which is why I like it so much. Vyse will find a way :)

I always loved the little speech that Vyse gives Marco in Valua when trying to save his friends and family. Too many games have a hero wanting to give up, and they usually need someone else to convince them to keep going. Vyse on the other hand is never willing to give up, and he's always the one that needs to motivate everyone else. I'll probably end up playing this again now. It's probably my favorite RPG anyway, so I always end up playing it.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, and XBOX
#4BusterWolf2006Posted 7/22/2012 8:17:56 AMmessage detail
I've been slowly working my way through this game all over again after finding both a DreamCast and SoA for only $30 at a local game store.

Honestly, I loved this game even when it first came out in the 'States on the DC. And now, for some fantastic news. ;)

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/sega-hints-at-shenmue-skies-of-arcadia-hd-updates-20120315/
---
"Witness the TRUE ART of WAR! ...Or something to that effect..."
~Takeda Shingen: SengokuMusou 2
#5PedroMontanaPosted 7/23/2012 3:51:37 AMmessage detail
Yep, SoA is rumored to come to PSN/XBLA and Vyse is confirmed to be playable in Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed.

I wonder if good sales of SoA and Shenmue on PSN/XBLA could lead to sequels. I remember the sales of Sin & Punishment on the Wii VC convinced Nintendo to fund the (excellent) Wii sequel Sin & Punishment Star Successor.
---
No More Heroes
#6DaiohmaPosted 8/1/2012 8:36:08 AMmessage detail
Been replaying SoA and SoAL for a few years now.
Can't count the times as it is such a great game.

Also the RP site keeps it alive.

Looking forwards to playing as Vyse in S&ASRT
#7SonOfChewbaccaPosted 8/7/2012 11:25:35 AMmessage detail
I'm actually playing it for the first time since my friend gave me his Dreamcast. Up to the first boss, so far. Great game, and it looks beautiful through VGA :)
#8Dededeede DeededePosted 8/14/2012 5:19:38 PMmessage detail
I re-started the game just a few days. Almost close to beating it, finally.

It's been well over a decade since I played this game. Been holding off on continuing with SoA, but I don't plan on letting it stay on the backlog this time.
---
[What's in a sig?]
#9Ezero_De_MiloPosted 8/18/2012 10:51:20 PMmessage detail
I'm replaying it as we speak. Unfortunately, the 1st CD of SOA was damaged so badly that it won't play on my Dreamcast anymore, but my grandma ended up getting me SOA Legends one Christmas sometime after it happened, so I'm perfectly content.
---
Secrets are what make treasures golden.
#10HawgWyldPosted 8/22/2012 10:09:10 PMmessage detail
I tend to replay it about once every year or so. The game looks great through a VGA box hooked up to an HD set and this title has held up extremely well over the years.

Should this be released on Xbox Arcade, I'll buy it there, too. That game wouldn't be a proper sequel, but it's as close to one as we may ever get.