anybody replaying soa?

#41ZetSwordPosted 2/15/2013 8:26:46 PMmessage detail
Valeika posted...
PedroMontana posted...
Yep, SoA is rumored to come to PSN/XBLA and Vyse is confirmed to be playable in Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed.

I wonder if good sales of SoA and Shenmue on PSN/XBLA could lead to sequels. I remember the sales of Sin & Punishment on the Wii VC convinced Nintendo to fund the (excellent) Wii sequel Sin & Punishment Star Successor.

I really don't see how this game could have a sequel, it ended so nicely. What would be great is if they made a prequel. I'm not saying this out of love for the trend (of prequels) but because there would be more material to work with if timed in the ancient world. Plus, we'd get new characters as well as whole new cities and scenery.

Yea I agree, I don't think a sequel would be necessary, maybe more a game chronicling the downfall of the ancient Skies werld when people started to use the power of the moonstones, to travel and to make the Gigyas and whatnot. I always wanted there to be a lot more explanation as to why the islands in the game were floating anyway and if anyone lives on the floor of the world.
---
Pokemon D/P FC: 1461 2829 0163 Name: Adam
#42Panic_AKPosted 2/23/2013 3:38:12 AMmessage detail
I pulled out the Dreamcast for some multiplayer hijinks with the old lady, and now I want to play all my old games again :)

I'm torn between Skies of Arcadia, and Grandia II.
---
Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.
#43duelmaster918Posted 2/24/2013 11:03:30 AMmessage detail
Despite this being my favorite game of all time, I've only ever completed it once. I've started it several times though, late in the summer, and as such fall out of it once school begins.

I was tempted recently to replay SoA, but I suppose I'm holding out for an HD remake. Let's just hope that actually happens.
#44Shotgunnova(Moderator)Posted 2/25/2013 2:00:53 AMmessage detail
An HD on XBL Arcade would be pretty awesome, even more so now that my Dreamcast is screwing up.
---
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame
#45Spark0Posted 3/5/2013 9:20:15 PMmessage detail
Actually playing this for the first time proper after a few false starts. I've been writing my Senior Thesis during the sometimes long turn animations.
---
It's like that story in the bible where Jesus gets swallowed by a whale cause the sailors think he's a woman-Grand_Torrasque on Zelda:OOT
#46BosSBaerPosted 3/30/2013 8:35:50 AMmessage detail
I just got this game! Now I need a dreamcast again lol.
---
iOS6 - Baerskin //
PSN // BaerPwNz
#47Jallen9000Posted 4/18/2013 2:52:58 AMmessage detail
I don't need to, seeing as I played to so much when it came out I have it memorized. Sad I know but ti was an amazing game.

However I have heard rumours of it getting another remake and if that's the case then I'll just have to get that one and enjoy this game once again.
---
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know.
It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
#48dark_shardPosted 4/25/2013 10:39:21 AMmessage detail
I just started the GC version of the game a week ago. I'm heading to Glacia right now. I'm loving the game. It's definitely one of the most charming and enjoyable RPGs I have ever played!
---
http://amuletsandale.blogspot.com/ - Games and Beer
GT: darkshardx
#49GalcianPosted 5/24/2013 6:22:12 PMmessage detail
underrated game
#50bige85Posted 5/30/2013 7:47:08 PMmessage detail
I'm currently replaying it now. Still greatly enjoying the game.
---
I will not be forgiven by good or evil.-Donovan Baine, Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers 3