Best Walkthrough not to miss Crew Members?

#1DigiDude77Posted 8/10/2012 10:57:19 PM
I'm looking through all the walkthroughs and unless I'm mising it, none of them mention parts where you can miss recruiting someone.

I want to play this game again, but unlike last time, I don't want to miss anyone.

Anyone know which walkthrough covers the game completely, making sure you do everything you need to in order to recruit everyone?
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#2Ezero_De_MiloPosted 8/18/2012 11:09:51 PM
You can't really miss the chance to recruit anyone in the sense that if you don't do it at certain point, you'll never be able to.

However, you won't run into every recruitable character in the story. You'll have to go out and explore and find hidden ones out there that you don't meet in the game. Not to mention some, like Domingo and the swordsmith require certain conditions (which aren't bad, really) for you to be able to hire them.

Really, the only one that can be hard to find is Polly's husband within the rift. I ended up finding him by pure luck the time that I did.

Other than that though, the rest are pretty easy to find, and you WILL find a lot of them during your travels through the story. Some of the better ones are just a bit more tricky to find.
---
Secrets are what make treasures golden.
#3DigiDude77(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2012 10:18:49 AM
Yea, I played it once before.

I couldn't recruit (the swordsmith?) because I had run away from the first 10-20 battles at the beginning of the game, lowering my rank, and the imposters wouldn't show up to initiate that recruitment. (as such, he's missable if you run away too much. :P)

Doesn't the rift close after you go in? Or am I just mis-recalling that?
---
#4Ezero_De_MiloPosted 8/21/2012 12:53:33 AM
DigiDude77 posted...
Yea, I played it once before.

I couldn't recruit (the swordsmith?) because I had run away from the first 10-20 battles at the beginning of the game, lowering my rank, and the imposters wouldn't show up to initiate that recruitment. (as such, he's missable if you run away too much. :P)

Doesn't the rift close after you go in? Or am I just mis-recalling that?

No, because there's a monster that shows up there later on in the game, so it's open for as long as you want to explore it.
---
#5DigiDude77(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 3:12:30 AM
So, as long as I don't run away, I shouldn't be capable of missing a crew member?
---
#6Ezero_De_MiloPosted 8/23/2012 5:13:29 AM
DigiDude77 posted...
So, as long as I don't run away, I shouldn't be capable of missing a crew member?

Just remember, there's 22 total crew members. You'll obtain four of them automatically, and come across 13 of them in the story naturally, but you'll have to talk to them at a certain point for them to join your crew.

Five of them (Ilchymis, Robinson, Kirala, Domingo, Ryu-Kun), you'll come across if you explore carefully. Ilchymis can be found in the clouds above Value, Robinson in the rift, Kirala if you ride the little boat in Yafutoma down the waterfall, Domingo in Gordo's Bistro, and Ryu-Kun you've already found.

Ilchymis requires that you've learned Riselem. Robinson just requires already having Polly in your party. Kirala just requires you praising her, Domingo requires 30 discoveries by you, and Ryu-Kun requires Vyse the Daring. You can run from battles, you'll just have to build up your rank by winning a lot of them. I don't know the exact number it takes for each rank, but I'd suggest doing more Wanted battles and building your rank up that way, as it helps a lot.
---
#7Ezero_De_MiloPosted 8/23/2012 5:32:09 AM
And I should also say that it's not important to have all 22 Crew members. You'll only be allowed 11 active crew, and it'll only be them that you see in your special Blue Rogue Attack.

However, aside from having their own little diddies that set them apart for ship battles and the Blue Rogue Attack (One may help with the attacking, while if you chose the other, they might help with the healing), they also have their own little quirks on the island.

Izmael and Kirala, the two builders, will have different building styles for the look of your Island. Kirala will have a more Yafutoma-based style (which I enjoy), while Izmael takes more of a Sailor's Island-ish approach.

It's good to have them all though, especially the merchants. Ryu-Kun sells some pretty decent weapons/armor, Osmon will sell you magical items, Kalifa tells your fortune, but she's exceptional for finding rare items, and Ilchymis, my most favorite, sells you potions. And if you give him gold to upgrade (which you should be doing with pretty much everyone since their stock becomes much better), he'll also sell you stat seeds for about 5000 each.
---
#8DigiDude77(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 6:27:42 AM
I'm a completionist. :P

Any chance you know if any of the guides cover when to talk to the people to recruit them?
---
#9Ezero_De_MiloPosted 8/25/2012 8:42:46 PM
DigiDude77 posted...
I'm a completionist. :P

Any chance you know if any of the guides cover when to talk to the people to recruit them?

You can talk to any of them after getting the Blue Moon Crystal. The only ones that require a bit more are the ones already mentioned, and Urala (I believe her name is) won't join until you've recruited Kirala first.
---
#10DigiDude77(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 10:00:29 PM
xD I meant one that shows them in order. :P Completionist = Getting things as soon as I can. ;)
---