Look what we got here

#1Vincent_VincentPosted 9/3/2012 10:04:43 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fx9XB.jpg
#2tai2687Posted 9/3/2012 1:15:28 PM
I'm Canadian, so I'm not 100% sure what this is. I'm gonna venture a guess and say this is a patent renewal...?

I've been thinking, and it makes sense they'd do an HD release of this game, since Vyse is a confirmed character for All Stars Racing 2. They had Beat in the first game, and JSR HD comes out soon.

I just hope they keep the Dreamcast music, and not the GC versions. I'd be happy to get the Legends additions, though.
---
~ Sincerely Yours, Rev. Edward
E PLURIBUS DUDEINUM
#3DeuxHeroPosted 9/3/2012 2:56:28 PM
^Trademark
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#4ArcFan10000Posted 9/3/2012 10:17:17 PM
Yeah i hope they make trophies for the PSN release, which im sure they will because Sonic Adventure on PS3 does.
Im just so glad the patent got renewed because dont we wanna see more releases of this great game.
---
Favs: Xenogears, Phantasy Star, Star Ocean, Arc the Lad, Tales of Destiny 2, Suikoden, Final Fantasy
Playing: Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy Tactics
#5strife14467Posted 9/5/2012 12:22:55 PM
tai2687 posted...
I just hope they keep the Dreamcast music, and not the GC versions. I'd be happy to get the Legends additions, though.

I just hope they don't do like they did with Sonic Adventure where they made it cost extra to upgrade to the DX version, and hopefully if the Legends version is to be released it won't be as an extra that you have to pay for. This is one of those rare games I would be more than happy to buy again because of how much I like it, but if I have to buy the original game and a Legends upgrade I'd rather just connect my Dreamcast, Wii or Gamecube and play either the DC or GC version. If the version they release is the full Legends version I'll buy it instantly cause I love this game, and since it would save me from having to wear out my DC and GC discs I'd love to have the digital copy of it.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, and XBOX
#6tai2687Posted 9/6/2012 5:18:14 PM
strife14467 posted...
tai2687 posted...

I just hope they don't do like they did with Sonic Adventure where they made it cost extra to upgrade to the DX version, and hopefully if the Legends version is to be released it won't be as an extra that you have to pay for. This is one of those rare games I would be more than happy to buy again because of how much I like it, but if I have to buy the original game and a Legends upgrade I'd rather just connect my Dreamcast, Wii or Gamecube and play either the DC or GC version. If the version they release is the full Legends version I'll buy it instantly cause I love this game, and since it would save me from having to wear out my DC and GC discs I'd love to have the digital copy of it.

Oh man, I have been tossing this thought around in my head for a few weeks. This will happen, I can almost taste it. I bought the DX upgrade but was thinking about what it could mean for subsequent releases.

I'm guessing you heard they are releasing Sonic Adventure 2 soon, right? Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

In all honesty, I can't really fault them for doing this. Some people want the original DC versions without upgrades. With the current generation of Sonic games, they haven't exactly been well received.

Kind of like they said "hey, we don't have to pay for console development, we just make stuff for other consoles. we can pay to have more games made at the same time!" This led to some questionable design decisions, and to make back some bank they are sending out the classics.

I really dunno though. I'm far from being an industry expert, and am just talking out of my ass at this point.
---
E PLURIBUS DUDEINUM
#7strife14467Posted 9/7/2012 10:31:09 PM
tai2687 posted...
In all honesty, I can't really fault them for doing this. Some people want the original DC versions without upgrades.

That is a good point. Then again I don't see why they can't just put out the upgraded versions of the games, and have it as an option to play them as the DC originals.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, and XBOX
#8tai2687Posted 9/8/2012 1:41:57 PM
strife14467 posted...
tai2687 posted...
In all honesty, I can't really fault them for doing this. Some people want the original DC versions without upgrades.

That is a good point. Then again I don't see why they can't just put out the upgraded versions of the games, and have it as an option to play them as the DC originals.

I hear that is happening with NiGHTS when it drops. There is the HD mode with 16:9, and Saturn mode with original everything.
---
E PLURIBUS DUDEINUM