It's been almost a year since EU PSN release, still no NA news.

#11itis41269Posted 1/15/2013 11:54:21 AM
I still have my PS1 copy
---
"Big lizard in my backyard, i can't afford to feed him anymore"
#12AdicusDiojrPosted 1/28/2013 8:12:16 AM
Every so often I stumble onto random posts while researching old popular games from the past I might have missed when they were made. A quick look on emuparadise.me (select the "roms" section, then look under PS1) shows that they have both Fear Effect 1 and Fear Effect 2, as well as Tomba! and Tomba! 2 - The Evil Swine Returns. If you live in the US, make sure you get the (U) version as the PAL European versions run at a lower 50Hz refresh rate.and are prone issues typically.

Right below the rom/iso section is emulators.. ePSXe is an OK emulator. They also carry the PS1 bios in the same area in case you don't have the tools to rip a copy of it from your own PS1. Basically, most emulators won't come bundled with a "real" bios file. I haven't used ePSXe for awhile, but if I remember correctly, once you pull a copy of the bios from your PS1, you put it in a folder in ePSXe directory and it'll either automatically recognize it, or you go to the setting and point the path to the folder of your legit bios file. Also, most rom sites (there are several good sites, and some have more stuff than others) DON'T have links to the most recent build of emulators as they are constantly being updated by individuals. In this case, look for the emulator's home page as it *should* have most current build. I have no idea how well either of these 4 games play, but with a current emulator that's constantly being revised, it they should play.

Also, with most emulators, get the game to work with default settings (or near default settings) FIRST, before trying to upscale resolution, add AA, etc. as one incorrect setting can bog a fully-playable game to a stutter.

Anyways, hope the info helps as it makes finding super rare games (to back-up your legit copy that are also over-priced on ebay to the point that $400 for a USED reserve copy becomes unrealistic and cost prohibitive) that are getting harder to find due to being released on discs that typically deteriorate or get damaged overtime rendering the game unplayable or freezing constantly, while enjoying better up-scaled graphics with an emulator that uses system memory instead of memory cards that are known to fail and corrupt saves.
---
I picked up my 1st joystick 30 years ago; played Armor Battle on my uncle's Intellivison, and exploited my 1st in game glitch at age 4.~RI.P. Uncle Scott
#13xOmniCloudxPosted 1/29/2013 6:25:29 AM
It took over a year for Vagrant Story to come to US PS Store after it first arrived on the EU one. I say it's still coming. I think by November it will come but really looking forward to a summer release.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#14mad9671Posted 1/30/2013 7:34:54 AM
Hi TC, Fear Effect 1 and Fear Effect 2 are huge games with file data being 1.3 GB and 1.93GB respectively. It took 3 and half hours to download the First Fear Effect game for me on the PSP(Yes, I am in the European region). But whenever I try to download Fear Effect 2 the server ( don't know whether it's the Sony one or ISP one) times out at exactlly 99%. I have been trying to download it since past one month but have been unsuccessful so far and I have lost more than 8GB of data usage due to this :(
#15EliParkerPosted 2/3/2013 7:17:38 PM
Any word from Square or Sony? Their games shouldn't take more then a month to release in both NA/EU.
#16xOmniCloudxPosted 2/11/2013 1:16:02 AM
EliParker posted...
Any word from Square or Sony? Their games shouldn't take more then a month to release in both NA/EU.

It's taken multiple years for some games from both of the companies.
---
#17EliParkerPosted 2/11/2013 8:47:31 AM
xOmniCloudx posted...
EliParker posted...

I understand that has happened, but those two big companies shouldn't live their fans in the dark. Releasing their games in NA will give them a new source of revenue and to be able to gauge interest on the IP, so a revival can occur.
#18xOmniCloudxPosted 2/18/2013 12:12:37 AM
EliParker posted...
xOmniCloudx posted...
EliParker posted...

I understand that has happened, but those two big companies shouldn't live their fans in the dark. Releasing their games in NA will give them a new source of revenue and to be able to gauge interest on the IP, so a revival can occur.

They have to clear it up with SCEJ, go through more localization licenses and then SCEA themselves has to care enough to do it. That's the problem with Sony. The branches for each region have HORRIBLE communication. SCEA has constantly said how much of what they wanted to do was held back solely because of SCEJ's reluctance to do it and how they have to approve it before it goes elsewhere. SCEE is just a JOKE. The Europeans constantly bash them since they miss a lot of releases, get everything late, have the most problems with their games and then have to pay more than the other regions anyway.
---
#19the_thing3844Posted 3/16/2013 6:46:49 PM
Square Enix should be focusing on developing Fear Effect Inferno rather then re-releasing their older titles to more territories. If you living in North America and want to download Fear Effect so badly you can always create a European PSN account and import a European PSN wallet card.
#20EliParkerPosted 3/20/2013 11:23:19 AM
the_thing3844 posted...
Square Enix should be focusing on developing Fear Effect Inferno rather then re-releasing their older titles to more territories. If you living in North America and want to download Fear Effect so badly you can always create a European PSN account and import a European PSN wallet card.

I don't like having more then one account on the PSN. I rather have all my games tied to one account, so when the PS4 comes out I will have all my games linked to one account. Also Square Enix shouldn't release games in one region (or two only). This issues happened with Final Fantasy I and II 20th anniversary, so only Japan and EU can download those games.