This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Oeilvert, anti magic vield?

#1h0ndman2Posted 7/19/2010 7:23:14 AM
Kuja is sending me to Oeilvert or something and I can pick 4 characters to take.
My main party is Zidane, Dagger, Quina, Amarant and they are all between level 35 and 40.
All other characters are around level 20.
Who should I take?
Zidane, Amarant, Freya, Steiner?
---
Not good with grammar.......
And a bad speller.......
#2CloudSith5060Posted 7/19/2010 7:30:49 AM
Zidane, Amarant, and Steiner should go to Oeilvert.
Eiko and Vivi should stay.

The others are debatable. Freya is good in Oeilvert, but also beastly in the Palace if you steal the Holy Lance from Oeilvert's boss. Quina is great in the Palace if she knows LV5 Death, but not particularly great if she doesn't. She can also learn some Blue Magic that you may not have yet (1000 Needles, Bad Breath, Roulette) if you bring her to Oeilvert. Dagger is going to be failing half her commands regardless, so it doesn't matter. If she has the Tiger Racket, she'll be good for Oeilvert, otherwise she can be decent with Leviathan in the Palace.
---
Do you... want my carrots?
#3h0ndman2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2010 7:51:43 AM
Okay, I did this:
Oeilvield: Zidane, Quina, Steiner, Freya.
Palace: Dagger, Eiko, Vivi, Quina
---
And a bad speller.......
#4Peter_19Posted 7/19/2010 8:45:57 AM
I think you accidentally wrote Quina for both parties. =P

But anyway - Zidane, Quina, Freya and Steiner is an excellent party for Oeilvert.
Make sure you have Quina learn Earth Shake from some big-ass enemy (forget his name) on the way to Oeilvert.

You should probably have either Freya or Amarant in the Desert Palace, because they can restore MP for the party (Amarant can use Chakra and Freya can use the probably superior White Draw).
#5Peter_19Posted 7/19/2010 10:44:35 AM
Another decent reason to bring Quina to Oeilvert is because (s)he has another Marsh on the Forgotten Continent where (s)he can munch frogs; you might want to go there first.
#6h0ndman2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2010 1:16:09 PM
I left quina at the palace...
Damn, I could have gotten Bad Breath if I went to Oeilvert with him. (I think)
---
And a bad speller.......
#7menschmaschine5Posted 7/19/2010 2:33:31 PM
You can get bad breath and earth shake later.

Also, you want a strong party for the desert palace, unless you leave Quina with lvl. 5 death behind. Oeilvert is really easy, so you don't need a terribly strong party. By the looks of things, you're gonna have a lot of trouble in the palace unless your Quina knows lvl. 5 death.

I usually go with Shotgunnova's suggestion of Zidane, Freya, Vivi and Garnet. Zidane and Freya provide more than enough firepower (plus, if you've been doing Chocobo Hot and Cold, you can find Freya's ultimate weapon on the Forgotten Continent on your way to Oeilvert), Vivi can be used for item support, and Garnet is useless at that point in the game no matter where you send her. That way, you have a pretty strong party back at the palace (Steiner, Amarant, Quina and Eiko).
#8RuneOfPureFailzPosted 7/20/2010 7:10:13 AM
I think Eiko and Vivi should provide enough firepower. Dagger should be there too, as a standby healer. The regular enemies are usually my only problem, since I can't take them out effectively without MP. When Valia Pira(?) comes, cast Carbuncle, and follow with Reflect on Valia Pira. All heals should be directed at Valia Pira, while Vivi just spams area spells on the group. Valia Pira can barely harm you. This is of course, if you want the easy way out..
---
Maybe if you shut up I'll listen to you
Spells:Attack Fail, Rune Fail, Double Fail, AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
#9menschmaschine5Posted 7/20/2010 7:23:19 AM

I think Eiko and Vivi should provide enough firepower.

The problem here is that TC has those characters quite underleveled, and as such their abilities probably aren't up to date.
#10PurpleRockerPosted 7/20/2010 12:07:01 PM
Can't Quina kill the boss in the Palace with Magic Hammer?