This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About the Ramuh Story in Pinnacle Rocks (Slight spoilers)

#1Res5Posted 5/12/2011 2:04:24 PM
Do you get anything more than a change in dialog for choosing one over the other between Human and Hero?
---
Favorite music genres: Metal, Rock and Dance/Techno
Favorite band: Disturbed
#2King_Shortt_IXPosted 5/12/2011 2:46:48 PM
Nope, but that story was a nice call back to FF2.
#3Res5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2011 2:51:08 PM
Oh is it? I haven't played FFII yet so I wouldn't have known that. xD

Yet another reference. I know this game is chock full of references to previous games in the series.
---
#4King_Shortt_IXPosted 5/12/2011 3:14:28 PM
That's what I like about this game all the classic callbacks to the earlier games, and it plays like a classic FF game should.
#5Res5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2011 3:15:58 PM
I wonder if they'll make another "FFIX" in the series.
---
#6King_Shortt_IXPosted 5/12/2011 8:34:17 PM
I would not put it past Square-Enix to port an altered version of FFIX later on, but they still have FFVII and FFVIII to adress first, but I doubt we will see a sequel or remake of this game because demand for this game is not as high as the other games in the series. Too bad this a pretty good game that seems to be lost in the FF games between 7 and 10.
#7Res5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2011 8:55:34 PM
Which I don't understand. On every side this game is purely solid. The only thing that I can think of the people truly don't like is the setting. I know there's some out there who don't like the medieval setting much.

But what I meant by "FFIX" wasn't so much an altered version so much as another FF game made for the sake of referencing past FF games. FFXX maybe.
---
#8VeryFunTimesPosted 5/12/2011 9:59:58 PM
The worst thing about this game is how slow it moves. Not the plot, but the load times. You battle as frequently as you do in the old FFs, which is good, except that by the time you finish one battle you could have finished several battles in the old FFs. There are other clunky things in the game as well, that I can't recall at the moment.
---
AIM: lostelixer
#9Res5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2011 10:12:29 PM
The battle animations are a little slow but that's not any major reason to say it's a bad game. They've also gotta account for how detailed the character models are. I really don't see how that makes the game unbearable.
---
#10OsafuneKatanaPosted 5/13/2011 6:43:05 AM
I would love it if they made another FF just like FFIX. A classic style set in the medieval times, a story that involves the crystals, a traditional turn-based or ATB battle system, job classes, and a huge open world map that you can actually walk around in and explore. I don't care how generic it may be, FFs1-9 were the best ones and I believe that's how they should be made.

Problem is, besides the true fans of the classic FFs, no one would want it. It seems like today's new and casual gamers would find it boring and unoriginal. Not to mention, a game like this would most likely not have online multiplayer, which is what everyone nowadays seems to care the most about.
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets." -Dracula, Castlevania: SotN.