This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

about how long does it take to respawn frogs?

#1sinreaver20Posted 3/14/2008 8:04:46 PM
with a female and male left in the pond, i just need a roundabout. i am trying to get a 100 hundred frogs and a robe of lords before entering the grotto (just for the heck of it) and i need to know how long i should play hot and cold before returning to the pond...
---
Italy: World Cup Champions 1934, 1938, 1982, 2006
When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.-Linkin Park
#2majinjobuu2Posted 3/14/2008 8:11:30 PM
The only time I know offhand is that it takes 60 minutes for a full repop if you have male/female/gold. If you don't have the gold, then obviously much longer.

---
Currently Playing -- FFIX Excalibur II Perfect Game (Alexandria disc 2)
#3JIM12306Posted 3/14/2008 8:24:29 PM
About an 45 minutes to an hour but i always wait an hour to be on the safe side (as my game has a sort of "memory issue" which is simply not cool).

But thats with a Male a Female AND a Gold frog left in the pond.

As for just a male and a female but no gold frog i don't know but it is going to take a while longer.

Though my GUESS would be either an hour in a half to two hours but i simply don't know that for a fact so don't quote me on that.

Also from what i make out of your post if your trying to fight Quale on disc 1 (i did this my self) my recommendation would be that once you get about 90+ frogs stop for a bit and go to the grotto (you don't have to complete it) and get up to the room where the moogles warn you not to climb the vine.

And climb that vine and SAVE now get into some battles in the forest (don't go onto the grass part unless you have a death wish) now you will only fight Garuda's in this forest and they are TOUGH at this point so only fight them if there is just ONE of them until your party hits their mid 20's then you should be able to handle them sometimes at least.

Also Mighty Guard will be a MUST for the first some of battles with them so make sure you have that. And make sure you have Quina Eat a Garuda to learn White Wind as it will help you immensely for that fight.

And my last recommendation is NOT to get the Robe of Lords from the Chocobo H&C at least not at this time as the Protect Ring will be a LOT more useful (especially on Quina for that fight) for it's half MP ability and with the fact that if you get lucky you can steal a Robe of Lords from Quale anyways.

But your free to decide for yourself which would be more useful but i just thought I'd put in my two cents.
#4CloudSith5060Posted 3/14/2008 8:31:53 PM
All I do is continually go around the world to each marsh, and by the time I'm back to where I started, there are a decent amount of frogs in the pond. Occasionally, I take a 20-30 min. break or so of leveling, auctioning, etc., but I certainly dont have the patience to wait an hour!
---
In the name of all the gods! Finishing strike! Layer Storm!
Patiently awaiting: Disgaea 3, Eternal Sonata(PS3), Star Ocean 4
#5sinreaver20(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2008 8:32:30 PM
yea i atcually forgot about stealing the robe of lord from quale, so yea ill get the protect ring
---
Italy: World Cup Champions 1934, 1938, 1982, 2006
When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.-Linkin Park
#6MetalBladeXPosted 3/14/2008 9:35:01 PM
yea i atcually forgot about stealing the robe of lord from quale, so yea ill get the protect ring

Isn't that a 1/256 steal? You'd probably be better off buying the RoL AND the Protect Ring from H&C.
---
The way of the Woofers is wise. - assassin17
#7JIM12306Posted 3/14/2008 9:42:56 PM
It's actually not that bad.

Well assuming you get lucky and it's not the last item of his which needs to be stolen THEN it can be a problem.

But i have gotten lucky a few times when fighting Quale and i have stolen the Robe of Lords before stealing one of his other items.

And on my last play through i only had the Glutton's Robe left to steal and it wasn't nearly as bad as trying to steal the Robe of Lords when that is his last steal-able item.