The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

where is the best place to grind AP?

#1Killuminati132Posted 10/31/2009 3:40:09 AM
dragons got me the levels i wanted, but the AP is lackluster at best.
#2Killuminati132(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2009 3:40:27 AM
i'm have boat too btw.
#3MasterofflysPosted 10/31/2009 5:18:39 AM
Go find the friendly monsters, they give 10+ AP each for nothing if you give them ore/whatever they ask for. Secondly, ability up... thirdly bosses... fourthly, wait until the final dungeon on 4th disk... not gonna spoil it but there is lots of AP for all there! And on a minor note, continuing the story, stronger enemies in upcoming dungeons give 2-3 AP per battle so you shouldn't need to do too much AP grinding anyway. Most important ability to learn right now is probably clearheaded, because an upcoming boss has a confuse-conflicting attack, which in my experience, it uses frequently... I'd make learning this a priority for you physical attackers especially. You'll see why them specifically in a bit... Body temp will be useful soon too, but that can wait a little if you don't have it already...
#4Flare_Dragon123Posted 10/31/2009 8:17:46 AM
The 3-4 screens of the game has only 4 enemies. These enemies are watered down versions of some bosses you just fought at the time, and they give out 9-12 AP I believe. But no XP.
---
"Religion is the opiate of the masses."
~ Karl Marx
#5BetaSquadronPosted 10/31/2009 3:26:03 PM
Adamantoises on Lanar Island(southwest island where the Qu's Marsh is). They're easy to beat and give 3 ap. I'm not sure, but stay on the swampy area, not the plains or the beach.
---
( "\( ',...,' )/" ) RAWR !!!
#6awesomeunoPosted 10/31/2009 3:30:54 PM
weak monsters outside of Dali, quick battles, able to take em out with anybody, lots of things to steal wiith zidane, usually 2 ap per battle, like 30 second battles
---
PHD in Awesomeness "Impossible is a word that makes people feel better whenever they give up."
- Vyse the Legend
#7BladeColdFirePosted 11/3/2009 7:00:31 PM
The Gimme Cats
#8RedHotScissorsPosted 11/4/2009 7:36:27 AM
Well if you can go against Grand Dragons easily, they give 3 AP don't they? Equip the ability Ability Up, which doubles the points I believe, or walk around in the forests at the top of the ladder by the moogles in Gizamaluke's Grotto and find the friendly Garudas, I've been getting 20-40 AP for each one.
---
XBL GT - Falco2073.
"I'm just too pretty. Seriously!" - Zelos Wilder [ Tales of Symphonia ]
#9ZodiacXxxxPosted 11/4/2009 7:30:20 PM
If you only have the boat and you want to grind AP, go to a shore on the Lost Continent (The one with Esto Gaza on it). Their are only two, relatively weak type of monsters there that give out 3 AP each.
---
What?
#10awesomeunoPosted 11/5/2009 10:56:55 AM
@ redhotscissors:
you can only fight the friendly monsters and get their AP once per monster.
---
PHD in Awesomeness "Impossible is a word that makes people feel better whenever they give up."
- Vyse the Legend