This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Re: Ozma

#1memberopPosted 8/9/2010 1:02:28 PM
Is there any confirmation on what it is?

Any backstory?

I was looking via wikipedia, final fantasy wiki. I saw the speculations about it being a forgotten
eidolon, or a being that symbolizes terra, and gaia. (Upper half, and lower half)

Made me think was there some confirmation found somewhere as to what it was.
#2zarathustra47Posted 8/9/2010 1:41:08 PM
There's no confirmation within the game itself, no....
#3terran3999999Posted 8/9/2010 2:56:28 PM
Since when do optional bosses need background stories?

Well the place you fight it, the moogle mentions its an Eidolon graveyard so Ozma could be a forgotten/sealed/"dead" Eidolon.

I do have a stupid theory of mine that suggest Ozma could have been one of the Eidolons that was deemed far too powerful and dangerous to use. Ex: Alexandria.
---
'People who have died can not cry anymore, so I cry for them.'-Momo of Shinigami no Ballad
Official Leviathan of the Dissidia Board, slithering everywhere.
#4StrangesoundsPosted 8/9/2010 8:06:35 PM
What I want to know is...

***SPOILERS***

How come the Eidolons can destroy entire cities, but when I summon them they do under 1000 dmg. Can I trade Garnet and Eiko in for an amped version of Kuja?

---
Recent 100% Trophies Achievements: - Lego: Harry Potter, Final Fantasy XIII
#5StrangesoundsPosted 8/9/2010 8:06:49 PM
What I want to know is...

***SPOILERS***

How come the Eidolons can destroy entire cities, but when I summon them they do under 1000 dmg. Can I trade Garnet and Eiko in for an amped version of Kuja?

---
#6Jeddi_kunPosted 8/9/2010 8:12:38 PM
^ I wonder that every time I summon an eidolon... Especially Bahamut. Hell, after you get the Invincible, why can't you summon that and whip up a giant storm to destroy everything? Hmph.
---
Platinum Friend Code: 0345 5297 5680
Name: Jeddi
#7TonytheFFManPosted 8/9/2010 8:15:00 PM
You guys don't have enough gems. The more gems you have that teach a particular Eidolon = more damage dealt by the Eidolon. For example, Bahamut will do more damage if you have 89 Garnets as opposed to 50.

---
FFIX > FFXII > FFX > FFVII > FFVIII > FFVI > FFIV > FFV > FFIII > FFI > FFX-2 > FFXIII > FFII
#8StrangesoundsPosted 8/9/2010 8:15:27 PM
sorry about that double post folks, site said it didn't accept post and it did - <sigh>

---
#9StrangesoundsPosted 8/9/2010 8:20:28 PM
But even if you could do 9999 damage, it still seems "wimpy' compared to... oh i don't know... decimating entire cities!!!

let me an my Eidolons take an intergalactic journey and wipe out some cities - to hell with Kuja, I want to take my destructive forces for a spin!

---
#10terran3999999Posted 8/9/2010 8:35:22 PM
Don't bloody damn derail the guy's topic.

Storyline=/=gameplay mechanics. You must have whined a lot everytime a character in battle didn't get any fatal wounds/die but s/he did in a cutscene right?

The Invincible is only obtained at the end of Disc 3. So the only goal for the team left is to go to Memoria. And seeing as how it works I doubt it is going to do jack crap against a squadrons of overgrown flying monsters.

Happy?
---
'People who have died can not cry anymore, so I cry for them.'-Momo of Shinigami no Ballad
Official Leviathan of the Dissidia Board, slithering everywhere.