This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats a good RPG to show my little nephew who is new to RPGS?

#11VeghEstherPosted 4/9/2012 9:39:38 AM
Out of all FF games depending on how old he is I'd go with FF4 to 6 PS1/PSN version.
#12Immature_SagePosted 4/9/2012 11:13:28 AM(edited)
Start the little one off with the following games:

Super Mario 64 (Wii Virtual Console)
Zelda Ocarina of Time (Wii Virtual Console)
Final Fantasy 5/6 then 7
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete

After Final Fantasy 7 go with 9 and later go with 8, Final Fantasy 8 might spook and confuse him a little. Build him from the classic, flat look to the 3D look or he will only judge games from graphics. A mistake the new generation of gamers is doing. A crying shame.

Oh, make sure that you don't help him too much, playing and clearing an RPG on your makes you grow on the inside. =)
#13bubbaX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 12:41:30 PM
yea you are right clearing an rpg on your own makes it special for you!!

i will however give him tips!

as in
check dead ends cause it usually yields a chest
save often
grinding makes your characters grow and you can obliterate everything that stands in your way ^_^
talk to everyone you see maybe even twice. That can tell you where you have to go, maybe they will even give you freeeeeeeessss
have 1 character in battle that focuses on healing while the others focus on offense.

basic stuff that will make him have an easier time :)
---
In the name of the moon....I'll punish you!
#14BlackHole001Posted 4/9/2012 3:14:32 PM
FF7 best game ever
---
Worlds best JOHNNY CAGE. Makin look easy since '94
#15TerantatekPosted 4/9/2012 4:05:57 PM
Tales of Vesperia
Dragon Quest 8 (real fun)
Legend of the Dragoon
---
I'm what you would call, a modern day Hippie.
Love, Peace, 4:20-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#16peedeejayPosted 4/9/2012 5:31:00 PM
Terantatek posted...

Legend of the Dragoon

Legend of the Dragoon, while completely awesome, is definitely not a starter RPG.
#17bubbaX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 7:28:57 PM
Dragon Quest 8 was an a very fun game and really liked the story, gameplay, music and whole design of everything.

Legend of dragoon....o man i love that game. I got to some kinda castle and took a break to switch to TV mode on my TV. Then i saw a show with the russian dude from rocky IV. It was some kinda action movie and then there was a sex scene...O MAN I NEVER FORGOT THAT DAY!!

i said to my self.. screw Legend of DRAGOON i want boobs!
---
In the name of the moon....I'll punish you!
#18SS_GokouPosted 4/9/2012 8:44:16 PM
Vir27 posted...
I guess there must be plenty of young people who started with FF8 and do perfectly fine. Oddly enough, FF8 would be about last on this list for me, though.

Edit: if you can get SMRPG on Wii console (don't know anything about all that), then that does sound like a good option—again making your judgment on what kind of graphics you can sell.

You know why? Because it's so damn easy! I finished it the first time not knowing a thing and I only had I think 4 GF's. That means less stats to junction but still... FF8 is easy playing it normally that's why I'm surprised at people playing it brokenly.

Flare_Dragon123 posted...
I recommend FFX for newbies. The story is easy, the gameplay is easy (harder later), character progression is very linear. It's a perfect newbie RPG. going to start my girlfriend off on that one, then work her up.

Seriously? I really had a hard time at FFX. The sphere management's so damn confusing. Hell I gave up my 1st blind playthrough.
---
Official Praetor of Saber in the Fate/Extra Boards
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saber-FateExtra/286251641405745
#19Flare_Dragon123Posted 4/9/2012 10:02:14 PM
Its easy because, so long as you know that the sphere grid is basically move anytime you get a sphere level, spend whatever you can spend...

Then you will most likely get through the entire game. Until Mt. Gagazet Seymour. Seriously, **** that guy.

But the point is its middle of the line, because for a long time its easy, and then there's a huge spike in difficulty at an important story point which is the absolute best time to have a good boss fight.
---
Don't you wish people came with like buttons?
#20mafiafunPosted 4/9/2012 10:28:09 PM
Final Fantasy Origins. Tell him to beat 1 then 2, then show him 7, 8, 9, 10, 12. Just go through the whole series, oldest first.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler