This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EXIIPG Update - Reloaded! (finally)

#261IllusionGamer90Posted 3/22/2013 10:21:51 AM
Atomos199 posted...
NBtheGameMaster posted...
Also since the luck on stealing items will vary for every user, this means each individual player will have to evaluate how do their equipment setups at any given time.

This is why I have been very reluctant to include any "advanced" strategies for this stuff (sorry Illusion!)

Lol that's ok. No offense taken. :P Just to clarify, I was leaking out my strategies for my personal run later lol. Tonight, I will start again! Cannot wait to finish up. My stopwatch will be ready.
#262Atomos199(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 11:49:02 AM
IllusionGamer90 posted...
^Good job! Just be lucky I'm not playing a serious run. :P My recorded run will be serious and I will not follow the guide exactly. I will continue on mine for the guide update since I'm almost done and only doing an average run. Keep up the good work!

Just felt like reiterating how important this is for the update and how glad I am that you're going through with it despite the very obvious urge to bust out those leet optimization skillz. If in doubt, do it the worse way :P
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind approx 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time
~ bastardpoetry
#263RainiermanPosted 3/22/2013 4:33:40 PM(edited)
Atomos199 posted...
Rainierman posted...
(...)
(...)

Well, what do you know... Quadratic Programming does just that. Its solution is a Linear problem. I didn't remember that, but I just checked my notebooks and saw. It's EXTREMELY easy to do and I could explain it to you, and the result should be solvable with the Simplex method or such.

The problem is that I really don't remember how to manage with the lagrange multipliers the LP result has (I don't even remember what Mu and S were; shame on me). Though I could go review even older notebooks, *if* you need.

I say *If* because if I'm right and Quadratic Programming is exactly what you need, then I ran into this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadratic_programming#Solvers_and_scripting_.28programming.29_languages) which in turn lead me to this (http://www.solver.com/linear-quadratic-technology). It's an Excel plugin that, already does all those calculations for you. So perhaps you'd rather try that out and focus on defining the constraints rather than the calculations yourself. Then you wouldn't need my help. Which I'd still be glad to give in any way I can.

Edit: PFFFFFT It's not Free. NEVERMIND. But maybe there are better options in that list anyways, so the post might not be in vain.
---
Official Rainierman of..! ... eh... Gamefaqs I guess...
#264monkeyslingerPosted 3/22/2013 6:58:03 PM
One more thing:

You say to equip Zidane with the Brigandine for Taharka, but the only Brigandine you had was just sold at BMV. It should be removed from the sell list.
#265IllusionGamer90Posted 3/23/2013 8:01:48 AM
Guess who's back? That's right! My girl had to go :( but I'm now continuing my CS run. About to start the crazy PR detour. Anyway, here are more things that can be added (not my insane strategies lol XD)

66) The old 66 can be disregarded (since it was a misunderstanding), so I'll create a new one. This is up to you, but you can ask the player to save at the tracks before calling Choco. Since people may not know where their Greens are, they will be much faster if done after loading the game.

67) You tell the player to go to the Forest Tracks. I recommend going to the Marsh tracks. About 5 seconds faster, but you also can make it to the BMV at a shorter time since you are closer than the Forest tracks. Obviously, Path C and CS should just use Choco after that.

According to your sell list, it looks good! I decided not to sell my optional steals to see how much Gil strain I have. Right now, I'm doing awesome! There should be no reason why anyone should struggle if doing the PR detour. I also know how camdad did this part; I understand exactly what he did to know how much to spend on each item. I'm gonna do that later today, but may not finish until whenever. Later guys!

5) 7:37:46 - 7:32:58 - 4:48 - Guest Room
202,358 Gil (218,658)

6) 7:56:31 - 7:51:27 - 5:04 - Near Salvage tracks
110,427 Gil (126,727)

7) 8:05:59 - 7:59:59 - 6:00 - Before Catoblepas
110,337 Gil (126,637)

8) 8:08:27 - 8:02:10 - 6:17 - After selling my stuff (not including extra steals)
362,862 Gil (379,162)
#266NBtheGameMasterPosted 3/23/2013 8:33:09 AM
The next 2 videos will have to wait until Monday. I spent half the day yesterday looking at a house, and I spent about 4 hours straight trying to get an acceptable Type A#2 battle.....

Well I had 7 successful runs, but all but the last one got #*$&ed by a random encounter either on the bell screen or within 5 steps of setting foot on the world map!!! ARRRGHHH! I even stayed up past my intended bedtime just to get it done.

Time is 2:35:53... I expect to clock in at the Disc 1 end checkpoint at around 2:47:??.

I have no idea why I am 2 minutes behind my last run, possibly because of getting those IC and Dali scenes out of the way then saving, or the Mu battle was a little long due to a near empty TG.
#267Atomos199(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 10:22:23 AM
NBtheGameMaster posted...
ARRRGHHH! I even stayed up past my intended bedtime just to get it done.

I always hate myself afterwards for doing that.

As for XS, I've decided to return to basics, and remodel the procedure with whatever functions I need first, and then see where to go from there. Easter break starts today so I'll have plenty of time, and after that I think I'll ask a prof for advice.

Sometimes I wish I could just let go. Move on without solving a problem. And not come back to it all the time... I feel like a slave to this problem.

Then again, I guess the EXIIPG would have never gotten as far as it has if I wasn't so uncompromising :/
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind approx 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time
~ bastardpoetry
#268monkeyslingerPosted 3/23/2013 1:51:40 PM
IllusionGamer90 posted...
67) You tell the player to go to the Forest Tracks. I recommend going to the Marsh tracks. About 5 seconds faster, but you also can make it to the BMV at a shorter time since you are closer than the Forest tracks. Obviously, Path C and CS should just use Choco after that.

I think that depends on which path you're following. You have to return to the Blue Narciss in the middle of buying Promist Rings to switch your characters, so going to the Forest tracks is faster at that point. For Path A/B, putting the Blue Narciss by the marsh tracks can get you to BMV faster, so the time about evens out. For Path C/CS, it's faster to use the Forest Tracks since you'll be using Choco to get to the Outer Continent.

Also, in the videos section, technically camdad's videos aren't the newest, but you can put them in whatever order you want. :)
#269Vir27Posted 3/23/2013 3:39:44 PM
I mentioned this programming business to m'lady, who has a degree in computer engineering. She said she might read this later for us, but don't take me as making any promises on her behalf.

But I admit I don't know what we're talking about now so I couldn't explain what's the difference in what you're trying to figure out now and what letao's calculator can figure out. I well understand the problems letao's calculator works on. I didn't realize there was a new, unsolved stats problem. Perhaps if anyone has time he can elaborate or direct me to the portion of the threads I've overlooked. I'd be pleased to help if I could.
#270Atomos199(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 4:20:10 PM
^Oh no, the stats here are all OK and letao's calculator is perfect - I was talking about Xenosaga and hoping maybe some of the PG people around here might be interested. So no need to worry, Vir :-)
---
~ bastardpoetry