This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nobuo Uematsu Must Have Hated FFIX

#1iovandrakePosted 3/19/2013 4:46:03 PM
It easily has the weakest score of any of the main Final Fantasy titles besides direct sequels or XIII.
#2bored_onePosted 3/19/2013 4:48:01 PM
I'll bite, how does FFIX have the weakest score?
#3FranckKnightPosted 3/19/2013 4:54:23 PM
I really don't think it had the weakest score.

It would be hard for me to say which game had the weakest score in fact. All of the FF games had amazing music, using what technology and experience they had at the time. You can name memorable songs in all of the games. That's why Theatrythm was great, a nice trip to the past, even 8 bit songs had their charm.

But if we do the other way around, how many songs you didn't particularly like for each game :

-Mysidia FF4, never liked the 'bee-woo' sound in it, honestly. It was a tad better with the NDS and PSP games though, maybe its just the sound sample quality that was terrible.
-FF8 had one or two, like the one in space... In fact FF8 probably has my vote for the game with the most songs I didn't enjoy, but still earned a spot with "Man with a Machine Gun", easily one of my favorites in the series.
---
Shameless plug for personal gaming blog :
http://fk-nantonaku.blogspot.com
#4Moomba33Posted 3/19/2013 5:03:25 PM
I heard IX's was his favourite.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#5iovandrake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 5:06:28 PM
Moomba33 posted...
I heard IX's was his favourite.

Of course he would say that when it's being release to hype it up. However just compare it's major tunes (battle, boss, overworld, final boss) to other entries and it just doesn't compare. It's a matter of taste, but I get the impression that Uematsu didn't try real hard on IX.
#6WindMouseHanpanPosted 3/19/2013 6:10:45 PM
FFIX has my favorite FF score...
---
Made a new channel, come see my let's plays if you want~!
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
#7iovandrake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 6:21:36 PM
Well not everyone can like the same music. I must be honest though and say I do think less of you for that. If you said it was one of your favorites I wouldn't feel that way, but it's your absolute favorite? Please tell me what about it you like above other OST? I'm curious now.
#8Storm101Posted 3/19/2013 6:57:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9WindMouseHanpanPosted 3/19/2013 7:01:02 PM
iovandrake posted...
Well not everyone can like the same music. I must be honest though and say I do think less of you for that. If you said it was one of your favorites I wouldn't feel that way, but it's your absolute favorite? Please tell me what about it you like above other OST? I'm curious now.

Oh, some internet person I do not even know thinks less of me for my opinion. I'm so hurt.
---
Made a new channel, come see my let's plays if you want~!
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
#10AigonrothPosted 3/19/2013 7:51:51 PM
You still haven't clarified what you think is weak about FFIX's score, but fine I'll tell you why I like FFIX's score.

The reason is simple each piece of music fits the scene in which it takes place, more so than in the other games in the series, the underlying tones of the music in this game help to reinforce the particular moments they are played at.

Not only that the melodies in this game are all fairly memorable and there aren't that many that I have a distaste for.
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.