This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nobuo Uematsu Must Have Hated FFIX

#81iovandrake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 3:12:40 AM
I disagree about this looking like a troll thread after the first dozen replies. I can see how the first bunch may have thought that, but after the exchange between manmouse and I? Yeah it got more than a bit ridiculous to keep going on about it then. Unless of course the people doing that were only bothering to read the first page before rushing to reply.

Jaws_Theme posted...
iovandrake posted...
Jaws_Theme posted...
In addition to my previous post, this is just some more evidence of trolling... since when does Square use the quality of the soundtrack to sell their game? Final Fantasy had a well-established fan base by the time time they got to IX, so marketing the game for the soundtrack is like introducing yourself to your best friend. Seems like the TC was really fishing here.

Any team member who is interviewed who talks bad about the work would not be thought well of by other empoyees. This is especially true in Japan where such a thing would be a betrayal. Even when they talk about a game everyone knows to be bad the most they will give is measured criticism while accentuating what few positives there are. This saves face.

No Square never sold games based solely on their sountrack. However your ignorance of how empoyees being interview conduct themselves is quite large.

Lol this guy. HE said Nobuo was marketing the game by hyping up the soundtrack, not me. But now that point just twisted into "Nobuo didn't want to betray Squaresoft." He doesn't even know what point he's trying to make. It's a loose argument and I don't see any evidence proving that Nobuo didn't like creating the soundtrack other than the TC didn't like it.

My point never changed. What you read into my statements is not my fault. Nobuo Uematsu saying that later on though proves my questions wrong. Which btw is how I framed what I have said. I wasn't saying concretely what he thought. You can see this in my original posts. I was asking. On top of that I purposefully said earlier in the thread that the Nobuo Uematsu angle of this should be set aside. Why was it brought back up again when I already moved the discussion onto something more productive?

Though now I'm going to ask whether Nobuo Uematsu was talking about his work being the best in it and that's why FFIX is his favorite, or if it's his favorite because of liking the actual game more?
#82BugorchestraPosted 3/23/2013 7:28:15 AM
You claim that to be polite is to not be trollish. That has nothing to do with it. You started being a troll when you began to try to claim your opinion as a fact and by offending people. It is COMPLETELY possible to be polite and offend at the same time. Politeness has nothing to do with it. You said you thought less of someone for a silly reason. It is in your right to think that. However, then you claim you never provoked. That is provoking, you may think less of him but there is no point in saying that. Then you call people ignorant because they don't agree with your "point". Opinions =/= facts. We gave you tons of facts in this topic and you just tried to make your opinion god-like. It would be a fair discussion if you said your opinion without it being a truth. Opinions are not truths.

Thus, you are a troll. End of story.
---
I go on message boards to complain about games I never played.
#83iovandrake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 8:27:09 AM(edited)
Bugorchestra posted...
You claim that to be polite is to not be trollish. That has nothing to do with it. You started being a troll when you began to try to claim your opinion as a fact and by offending people.

Being an a***** doesn't mean you are a troll. I'm not trolling and haven't conducted myself like a troll in the entire thread. I honestly admitted to disliking someone based on their opinion. Something well within my rights. Anything to the contrary is just false accusations.

You don't have to like me for that, but calling me a troll without proof is dishonest. I didn't even insult the guy in question. I said how I felt. I didn't say what that opinion made him. You and others extrapolated insult out of me not liking someone. Here's something heart warming for you; I don't like you either and I think less of you for attacking me because of my opinion.

It is COMPLETELY possible to be polite and offend at the same time. Politeness has nothing to do with it. You said you thought less of someone for a silly reason. It is in your right to think that. However, then you claim you never provoked. That is provoking, you may think less of him but there is no point in saying that.

I believe there was a point in saying that. It was honest and let him know where we stood. You react negatively to this because you are soft and have been raised to be soft.

Then you call people ignorant because they don't agree with your "point". Opinions =/= facts. We gave you tons of facts in this topic and you just tried to make your opinion god-like. It would be a fair discussion if you said your opinion without it being a truth. Opinions are not truths.

I never claimed opinion as fact and you are ignorant when you lack knowledge about a subject. If I called someone ignorant then it was probably justified.

Thus, you are a troll. End of story.

So because you go on a rant trying to paint me as a troll I am therefor a troll? It doesn't work like that. Now could you please stop derailing this topic? I don't care if you hate me or like me. Just discuss the topic or don't discuss it at all. Continually trying to derail the topic shows me how fragile and weak some of you are concerning the topic's content. It upsets you so you must attack me. It's really quite sad.
#84dinit 7Posted 3/23/2013 8:43:33 AM
^ That's one mad bro.
---
~DiNiT~
My mind is racing, but my body's in the lead
#85iovandrake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 9:14:40 AM
For your information I called myself an a******....
#86BugorchestraPosted 3/23/2013 9:50:18 AM
*facepalm* I give up, this guy is lost.
---
I go on message boards to complain about games I never played.
#87iovandrake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 3:52:16 PM
So what exactly was your purpose? You give up because I'm "lost" so does that mean you were posting in this thread with the sole purpose of correcting me? Yet your post focused on calling me a troll so it's clear the only thing you cared about was labeling me a troll.

I hope you are indeed done. The thread can do better without you. Try to not to ruin any other threads for petty reasons.
#88iovandrake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 4:14:12 PM
So does anyone have anything constructive to say about the topic? Favorite tracks? Least favorite tracks? Theories about tracks? Theories about why Nobuo Uematsu didn't try hard enough?
#89SteelCurtain17Posted 3/23/2013 5:01:49 PM
iovandrake posted...
So does anyone have anything constructive to say about the topic? Favorite tracks? Least favorite tracks? Theories about tracks? Theories about why Nobuo Uematsu didn't try hard enough?

The dude went to Europe for inspiration........how is that not trying hard enough for one?
---
Born a Steelers, Reds, and Hoosiers Fan!!!!!! PSN- Cotner84
Skype- Cotner4190 Always up to talk to fellow JRPG fans
#90aladore384Posted 3/23/2013 5:16:08 PM(edited)
iovandrake posted...
Theories about why Nobuo Uematsu didn't try hard enough?

Uematsu not trying hard enough isn't a fact.

BTW, why are you calling people soft when you're the crying one about being attacked, when all we did was to establish the fact that you are indeed a troll?
---
http://www.youtube.com/aladore384