This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A little doubt about Necron *Spoilers*

#1BugorchestraPosted 3/21/2013 2:03:45 PM
I didn't pay much attention in the last scenes or what because I was playing the game really late... So who the hell is this Necron? I killed him, beat the game, and still don't know what Necron is, what his purpose is, why is he in the game and what's his relation with Terra, the souls, Kuja and Garland.

It would be good if someone could clarify this for me.

ALSO, I NEED TO KNOW! Can Quina eat Necron? :3333
---
I go on message boards to complain about games I never played.
#2MadJak91Posted 3/21/2013 2:34:21 PM
I know there are a lot of crazy theories about Necron and some of them are pretty well thought up.
As FF9 is a one big nod to previous titles and has a feel of old classic RPGs and those like to throw these kinds of bosses at you at the end of the game (at least from what I have played), maybe Square also wanted to recreate this feeling.

I have never tried to find something deeper behind Necron... He is just there at the end of life or existence where nothingness starts.
---
Gaming paradox - The lower the score the better the game
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaccob5/
#3manmousePosted 3/21/2013 4:29:38 PM
he's pretty much the same as the Cloud of Darkness and Zeromus, as in he's the personified dark, empty, "nothingness" that consumes everyone, from your enemies to your own party members. and also he fits within the moment because Kuja attempts to destroy the crystal, which would turn all existence into nothing. so of course the personified nothingness comes along to consume it all and your party has to fight him.

the theories aren't really even needed to make him work. it's obviously not the kind of writing that would make a great novel, but it does a good job of taking an oldschool FF tradition and making it flow with the modern (at the time) style.

like i've said in other topics about this, a lot of people complain that Kuja didn't end up having some Sephiroth-esq second form, but i like it better this way. Kuja wasn't a mastermind. in the late game events, you start to see him lose control of himself and turn even more childish than ever when he learns of his mortality. you find out that he's the failed prototype for Zidane who just got jealous. he's mentally weaker than you, he's designed to be physically weaker than you. he's not supposed to be seen as a "super god boss", he's just a tool that ended up being used because the better tool (Zidane) got thrown to Gaia and ended up living a normal life. that hateful emptiness that consumed him as well as everyone else, is the real problem, and you fight that abstract concept at the end to stop it from consuming reality because of Kuja's actions.

you essentially fight death and win.
#4Bugorchestra(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 4:33:04 PM
I see. But can Quina eat the final boss? I ate the Earth Guardian and even learned a spell. Imagine making Quina eat the final boss and you learn Grand Cross from it. Wouldn't really matter but would be cool.
---
I go on message boards to complain about games I never played.
#5LionHeart48Posted 3/21/2013 5:19:46 PM
Quina can eat anything....even YOU.
---
IX > VI > VII > IV > VIII > V > X > XII > I > III > II > 50 miles down filled with human waste then XIII
#6MysterPixelPosted 3/21/2013 9:03:07 PM(edited)
As fun as that would be unfortunately Quina can't eat any bosses other than the Earth Guardian.
He should really be able to eat Ark though. Eating Beatrix and Kuja would also solve a lot of storyline problems.
#7WindMouseHanpanPosted 3/22/2013 1:21:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8WindMouseHanpanPosted 3/22/2013 1:23:51 AM
I always thought Necron was sealed inside the crystal, or maybe even the essence of the crystal itself.

My reasoning for this is the fact that the rings circling Necron's body are just like the ring that circled the crystal in the background of the Trance Kuja battle
---
Made a new channel, come see my let's plays if you want~!
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
#9crazyyzimPosted 3/22/2013 4:14:55 AM
I like the theory that Necron is the anti-thesis to the crystal. While the crystal creates life, Necron destroys life. Not too sure about where he came from. Was he created when Kuja destroyed the crystal? Did he already exist and was chilling out until he noticed what Kuja did? No one knows.
---
Do you like soda?
No, I like Pepsi
#10webbc99Posted 3/22/2013 4:49:04 AM
MysterPixel posted...
As fun as that would be unfortunately Quina can't eat any bosses other than the Earth Guardian.
He should really be able to eat Ark though. Eating Beatrix and Kuja would also solve a lot of storyline problems.

I thought Quina could eat Osma?
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IX, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls