This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A little doubt about Necron *Spoilers*

#11terran3999999Posted 3/22/2013 6:22:02 AM
A crappy final boss and nothing more.

If they were seriously trying to pay homage to previous final FF bosses they sure did a pretty crappy job. WTF happened to foreshadowing? I guess the writers of IX was never taught that.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#12Bugorchestra(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 6:25:07 AM
Meh, I kind of didn't like the last boss as well. Just my opinion, though. I hear some people like him. I would love him if Quina could eat him though.
---
I go on message boards to complain about games I never played.
#13terran3999999Posted 3/22/2013 7:01:05 AM
Honestly, I think only the most pathetic devoted fanboys can like him.

Most of us was thinking "wtf did you pop out from?!?" or "you stole yoda's lines, bastard, that's unforgivable!!"
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#14Bugorchestra(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 9:27:40 AM
terran3999999 posted...
Honestly, I think only the most pathetic devoted fanboys can like him.

Most of us was thinking "wtf did you pop out from?!?" or "you stole yoda's lines, bastard, that's unforgivable!!"

Haha xD
---
#15MysterPixelPosted 3/22/2013 1:33:29 PM
webbc99 posted...
MysterPixel posted...
As fun as that would be unfortunately Quina can't eat any bosses other than the Earth Guardian.
He should really be able to eat Ark though. Eating Beatrix and Kuja would also solve a lot of storyline problems.

I thought Quina could eat Osma?

Nope, it's un-eatable.
#16Jaws_ThemePosted 3/22/2013 5:37:12 PM
it would have been nice if necron was hinted at at least once in the game. then it wouldn't have been so bad
#17Storm101Posted 3/22/2013 6:38:31 PM(edited)
Oh well, I still think the game is better with him in it than it would've been without him. Kuja would've probably been given another form or perhaps the game would've ended right after his first form. Meh.
#18Spinder1Posted 3/22/2013 11:13:54 PM
The now-disproven theory in the Plot Analysis FAQ is the most satisfying interpretation of him I've seen. It actually makes him go from some weird thing spontaneously popping up and stealing Kuja's glory with no explanation, to a decidedly meaningful and climactic final boss. But of course, it's not the real intent of the creator, since it was said in some guidebook that he's actually just the incarnation of nothingness or something boring like that. In my mind he'll always be the true form of the Iifa Tree, though.
---
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes
#19Bugorchestra(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 3:24:47 PM(edited)
I found this boss's background story quite lacking. He just appears out of nowhere in the game claiming he is the destroyer of life. And the hell, he is a god, how can three people and a monkey kill a god? I'll never understand.
---
#20ScizoreonPosted 3/23/2013 3:25:17 PM
You could always view the battle with Necron as less of a physical battle and more of a metaphorical battle in which the chosen warriors represent the world's will to live while Necron embodies acceptance of the end of all life caused by the crystals destruction. In this case the teams victory over Necron is simply a representation of the fact that the world isn't ready to give up and die yet.

In regards to Necron appearing as a final boss without any backstory, it could be better sometimes for that to be the case. In FFX the final boss is hinted at but proves to be an unsatisfactory battle in terms of a final opponent while in FF8 the final boss is clearly indicated but as a result of not getting the attention the final bosses of FF6 and FF7 got in their respective games most fans use what little information is available to fill in the blanks and create a wide range of fan theories. Like FF9 the final boss of FF4 appears without any prior mention yet these two enemies prove to be satisfactory final opponents who give enough information about what they are prior to the battle so that many fans are happy with the nature of their enemy.