This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I learn magic / summons?

#11VeghEstherPosted 3/22/2013 10:35:15 AM
At least at this point in game if you have 4x Coral Rings/Reflect Rings + Level 5 death you could just level 5 Death Grand Dragons until EVERY unlearned ability is learned.

Since each Grand Dragon killed = tons of exp gil and 3 AP per battle.

If you want easier enemies for 3 AP but less exp/gil just fight the undead whale zombies at any beach like the one next to the chocobo lagoon until all PC's have every possible unlearned ability ALL mastered.

But start with the weakest weapons/armors as the ones for skill mastery first.
#12wigsplasher(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 7:26:54 PM
What have you been doing for three disks?

Playing mostly without the spell casters in my party... And when they were in my party, I'd grind and level them up in hopes that a higher level would unlock magic, lol.
---
3D gaming is overrated
#13wigsplasher(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 7:27:59 PM
At least at this point in game if you have 4x Coral Rings/Reflect Rings + Level 5 death you could just level 5 Death Grand Dragons until EVERY unlearned ability is learned.

Since each Grand Dragon killed = tons of exp gil and 3 AP per battle.

If you want easier enemies for 3 AP but less exp/gil just fight the undead whale zombies at any beach like the one next to the chocobo lagoon until all PC's have every possible unlearned ability ALL mastered.

But start with the weakest weapons/armors as the ones for skill mastery first.

I stumbled across Daguerreo and I was doing just that. Got almost all my abilities mastered now!
---
3D gaming is overrated
#14MysterPixelPosted 3/22/2013 10:16:29 PM
webbc99 posted...
One of the worst examples is when you get to Lindblum and can get The Ogre and Butterfly Edge at the same time, both have different skills on, but The Ogre is just flat out better. So you have to grind 45 AP or so on the Butterfly Edge before you can start wandering around with The Ogre. So frustrating.

Yeah that's the worst example I can think of as well. Those two thief swords coming at the same time isn't very nice if you're obsessive about learning abilities.