This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The secret Nero brothers side quest (from the Ultimania)

#191_The_Lunch_Box_Posted 6/4/2013 10:19:08 PM
I have a pretty good memory for video games. Now I am not a die hard FFIX player (Only beaten it 3 times) but I do remember a lot about the game. I remember seeing the first three cut scenes on my first play through back in 2001 with the Nero brothers but never thought it was an actual quest. Nor did I ever pursue to get those cut scenes again in the next two save files I have. I thought of it as worthless tid pits or trivia. The game is loaded with little extra snippets every where. When people say they have seen it or everyone already knows I find that really hard to believe. That being said this is easily one the most obscure secrets of any Final Fantasy game. Thanks Kusabi for the find and Pixel for the conformation!
---
"Call of Bioshock: Infinitely Scripted" - Popelmaster
#192Atomos199Posted 6/4/2013 11:16:00 PM
The_Kusabi_ posted...
All the mighty legends of Perfect Game history are being brought together again.
I'm so happy I could be a part of it :')
I will keep up reading Japanese guides and inform you of any more important discoveries.
I also hope I can help Atomos when he gets his new official Xenosaga guide. I love me some Xenosaga.

Thanks, Kusabi. I'm really excited about the project - will resume work on it once this week is over.
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind approx 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time
~ bastardpoetry
#193W e s tPosted 6/5/2013 4:15:58 AM
Nice find
---
I'm a coffee achiever Sam.
#194DeletronPosted 6/5/2013 5:14:48 AM
It's so cool to discover new things in old games. This reminds me of the Bando secret in BoFII.
---
Rocking the Higgs Boson.
#195Tom344Posted 6/6/2013 11:26:08 AM
Makes you wonder how much else we're missing. There could be a completely undiscovered item just lying in wait..
#196EurashalPosted 6/6/2013 1:51:54 PM
Tom344 posted...
Makes you wonder how much else we're missing. There could be a completely undiscovered item just lying in wait..

Don't say that, else someone may find an Excalibur 3 or something :P.
---
Expect sales to go up in Japan if the Marvel vs Capcom 3 trailer has Jill caught in [Shuma-Gorath's] Chaos Dimension. - DrunkenPilot72
#197MysterPixelPosted 6/6/2013 2:07:32 PM
Eurashal posted...
Tom344 posted...

Don't say that, else someone may find an Excalibur 3 or something :P.

I was secretly hoping it would be something better than a boring ring when I was going to open the chest :P.
#198SandOnMyBootPosted 6/6/2013 4:19:31 PM
This is an amazing find. I do seem to recall finding parts of this in the game when I first played it way back then. But I didn't understand what was happening and never figured out it was a sidequest to be completed.
#199doubtkiller25Posted 6/6/2013 4:46:48 PM
Atomos199 posted...
The_Kusabi_ posted...
All the mighty legends of Perfect Game history are being brought together again.
I'm so happy I could be a part of it :')
I will keep up reading Japanese guides and inform you of any more important discoveries.
I also hope I can help Atomos when he gets his new official Xenosaga guide. I love me some Xenosaga.

Thanks, Kusabi. I'm really excited about the project - will resume work on it once this week is over.

waitwaitwaitwait, Atomos is doing a Xenosaga guide?!? :D
#200The_Kusabi_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 4:56:35 PM
doubtkiller25 posted...
waitwaitwaitwait, Atomos is doing a Xenosaga guide?!? :D

It sounds like he will be, but I wouldn't get your hopes up on it coming out any time soon. He is currently wrestling with the madness that is Xenosaga Perfect Stats.
He ordered an official Xenosaga Japanese guide it sounds like, which we are both hoping contains insights into the endevour. I love Xenosaga too and am looking forward to translating any interesting looking information.
I mean, if FF9 still has secrets buried in it after all these years, Xenosaga very well might too, so digging through the official guidebooks could very well produce previously unknown and vital info relevant to Xenosaga PGs. I also hope they contain formulas for the attacks and abilities, etc.