This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The secret Nero brothers side quest (from the Ultimania)

#201doubtkiller25Posted 6/6/2013 9:28:05 PM
The_Kusabi_ posted...

It sounds like he will be, but I wouldn't get your hopes up on it coming out any time soon. He is currently wrestling with the madness that is Xenosaga Perfect Stats.
He ordered an official Xenosaga Japanese guide it sounds like, which we are both hoping contains insights into the endevour. I love Xenosaga too and am looking forward to translating any interesting looking information.
I mean, if FF9 still has secrets buried in it after all these years, Xenosaga very well might too, so digging through the official guidebooks could very well produce previously unknown and vital info relevant to Xenosaga PGs. I also hope they contain formulas for the attacks and abilities, etc.

Oh, I can patiently wait around for that. I've only fathomed perfect stats in Xenosaga though, that's absolute madness!! Now are we talking the whole trilogy or episode I or...? Any which way, that sounds like a project worthy of champions and lunatics.

And my playthroughs always felt like there was just a little something missing. It's probably just me, but I'm happy to be proven wrong on this one. :) And actual formulas would be wonderful. I've frequently loathed the lack of an oh-so-wonderful BMG onhand.
#202doubtkiller25Posted 6/6/2013 10:12:16 PM
Answered my own question with a dip on the board, nevermind! :-)
#203Tom344Posted 6/7/2013 2:35:59 AM
MysterPixel posted...
Eurashal posted...
Tom344 posted...
Makes you wonder how much else we're missing. There could be a completely undiscovered item just lying in wait..

Don't say that, else someone may find an Excalibur 3 or something :P.

I was secretly hoping it would be something better than a boring ring when I was going to open the chest :P.

If it was, I doubt we wouldn't have known about this until now.
#204NewAnimeFanDVPosted 6/7/2013 5:16:15 AM
I picked a good day to lurk back on this board ;]

Nice work Pixel and Kusabi, decent effort you put into this Secret
---
The official Flail Girl(Seven) of the Final Fantasy XIII: Agito(Type-0) board
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198019233909
#205Atomos199Posted 6/7/2013 9:48:18 AM
The_Kusabi_ posted...
doubtkiller25 posted...
waitwaitwaitwait, Atomos is doing a Xenosaga guide?!? :D

It sounds like he will be, but I wouldn't get your hopes up on it coming out any time soon. He is currently wrestling with the madness that is Xenosaga Perfect Stats.
He ordered an official Xenosaga Japanese guide it sounds like, which we are both hoping contains insights into the endevour. I love Xenosaga too and am looking forward to translating any interesting looking information.
I mean, if FF9 still has secrets buried in it after all these years, Xenosaga very well might too, so digging through the official guidebooks could very well produce previously unknown and vital info relevant to Xenosaga PGs. I also hope they contain formulas for the attacks and abilities, etc.

It's not really a big deal, doubtkiller: JoloStuki already wrote very comprehensive missables and statistics guides. They are absolutely sufficient for a Xenosaga PG, with the notable exception of perfect stats, but also only if you define "perfect" as "highest possible". If you're satisfied with "round" stats or whatever else then the resources and guides are already there. It's only if you want the absolute max that a PG is impossible. For now :-)
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind approx 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time
~ bastardpoetry
#206doubtkiller25Posted 6/7/2013 6:09:32 PM
Atomos199 posted...

It's not really a big deal, doubtkiller: JoloStuki already wrote very comprehensive missables and statistics guides. They are absolutely sufficient for a Xenosaga PG, with the notable exception of perfect stats, but also only if you define "perfect" as "highest possible". If you're satisfied with "round" stats or whatever else then the resources and guides are already there. It's only if you want the absolute max that a PG is impossible. For now :-)

Well I've used JoloStuki's guides for my playthroughs, but I've been fascinated by the concept of perfect stats since I read some posts on the board ages ago. I probably would never even start such an endeavor myself, but I'm really looking forward to reading up on that as it develops! And I might even lend my time to testing smaller things if need be (I can reset and grind for mindnumbingly long stretches of time, but going all the way for perfect stats in Xenosaga just seems beyond my patience and determination) Regardless, a perfect stats-inclusive PG for that game could use some more support, and it definitely has mine ^^