This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EXIIPG Update - Reloaded! (part 2)

#1Atomos199Posted 6/26/2013 1:30:30 PM
...and there went yet another topic into EXIIPG history, haha. So here's the replacement - let's continue where we left off, namely NB's triumphant entry into Disc 4 and the first-ever EXIIPG + Nero Family Sidequest (NFSQ) playthrough (and on CS, no less). NB, you're gonna kill this, I just know it.

Also looking forward to Illusion's newest run and comments. I also hope both of you (and others reading this) stick around a bit longer after the runs are finished so that I can still consult with you while making the final changes.

This is like at least the 3rd topic, probably the 5th... hopefully this will be the one finally concluded with me proclaiming the update finished and uploaded. *dreams*
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind approx 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time
~ bastardpoetry
#2Vir27Posted 6/26/2013 1:47:26 PM(edited)
Atomos199 posted...
This is like at least the 3rd topic, probably the 5th... hopefully this will be the one finally concluded with me proclaiming the update finished and uploaded. *dreams*

Fifth? Third? There have been so many topics I don't even know when you're counting from.
#3Atomos199(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 2:38:34 AM
^That number was only counting the actual update topics, but yeah, it's probably way more now that I reconsider it. Though not all of them went to 500, but I think at least 3 did? Either, this all really needs some closure and conclusion, so as always, I hope this will be the last one :-)
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind approx 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time
~ bastardpoetry
#4IllusionGamer90Posted 6/27/2013 5:42:17 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I have not quit my run (just in case my absence of posts have worried some). Been working on a perfect file for FF6 SNES on the Wii. As soon as I get a video uploaded, I'll post it on this topic and my work will basically done except for my progress and being needed (cause I have already on my last run). It won't be goodbye though, I'll still stick around and help others who ask me anything and also pop up to say hi. :)

NB, awesome run and awesome work. Been slacking a bit on mine lol, but it will get done! Looking forward to your CS extras for other players and,your finish of the NB Side Quest along with the Excalibur II. I'm also recording my perfect run on FF6, so hopefully those will be up someday. Getting all monster formations, max items, perfect stats, and everything learned (plus more if I missed any).

Well, that's it. See,ya guys!
#5NBtheGameMasterPosted 6/27/2013 6:21:53 AM
IllusionGamer90 posted...
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I have not quit my run (just in case my absence of posts have worried some). Been working on a perfect file for FF6 SNES on the Wii. As soon as I get a video uploaded, I'll post it on this topic and my work will basically done except for my progress and being needed (cause I have already on my last run). It won't be goodbye though, I'll still stick around and help others who ask me anything and also pop up to say hi. :)

NB, awesome run and awesome work. Been slacking a bit on mine lol, but it will get done! Looking forward to your CS extras for other players and,your finish of the NB Side Quest along with the Excalibur II. I'm also recording my perfect run on FF6, so hopefully those will be up someday. Getting all monster formations, max items, perfect stats, and everything learned (plus more if I missed any).

Well, that's it. See,ya guys!

I managed a FF6 PF a long time ago....on the SNES console, but my data got erased (all 3 files) because the battery died in it! Needless to say I wasn't too happy! That is an awesome game!!! I may play that of FFX after this is all over! I am looking forward to seeing some FF6 PF action!

And of course, I won't go anywhere after this is all over, as I am making history (inserts History Channel logo!!! :P) here! Anywho, here is an update on what I have so far on Disc 4 (the videos are uploading now)

Immediately after the BMV scenes, I took Quina, Freya and Amarant, and got trigger #1 out of the way then activated Insomniac on Amarant and Zidane. The alternate strategy with Steiner will be done as an extra video post-challenge. Nova Dragon went just fine, with Quina leveled up, there is no need for an Elixir, and 3 attacks from both Freya's sleep-enhanced lance and Amarant will do the job. Then I did trigger #2 before I saved at the entrance.

Now here is where things get good.....I made it to Maliris encounter-less AND got a good battle to boot! The battle lasted I think 3 or 4 rounds but it was still faster than camdad's best run through this circuit by at least 30 seconds! A definite keeper! Time of circuit - 4:21
Time at save - 10:50:46

P.S. There are a total of 10 members, as Zenero and Benero appear together on the first visit.
#6Atomos199(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 1:35:23 PM
Hey guys, just letting you know that I will not have regular internet access from tomorrow until August, so I will only post/respond sporadically. Just a heads up, in case anyone expects a response from me about anything.

Keep up the awesomeness, NB and Illusion!
---
~ bastardpoetry
#7Vir27Posted 6/27/2013 2:34:51 PM
Thanks and good work, Illusion and Atomos. See you guys around.
#8Cicatriz_ESPPosted 6/27/2013 2:38:16 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I have not quit my run (just in case my absence of posts have worried some). Been working on a perfect file for FF6 SNES on the Wii.
(...)

How's FFVI for the Wii? Is it the same as the SNES one? If so, I may help you with the PG, as I've did one for the PSX version (essentially the same as the SNES version). Are you ok with abusing glitches?
---
Sephiroth kills a lady and white materia drops to the floor. But when Cloud mows the lawn, it's brown materia that drops.
#9IllusionGamer90Posted 6/27/2013 5:07:47 PM
Cicatriz_ESP posted...
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I have not quit my run (just in case my absence of posts have worried some). Been working on a perfect file for FF6 SNES on the Wii.
(...)

How's FFVI for the Wii? Is it the same as the SNES one? If so, I may help you with the PG, as I've did one for the PSX version (essentially the same as the SNES version). Are you ok with abusing glitches?

Yeah, it's the same as the SNES version (FF3). That means Gau can have the Merit Award, you can control which Veldt Pack you're getting but not the formation, and the Mag Roaders come in order. I've found a way to get all formations and only gain 2 levels. Since I'm trying to get EVERY encounter for perfection, I have to get all of the formations or they will be missed forever.

In case you're interested, if you are saved by the mine carts, you need Locke in slot 1 as an Imp. Keep him in Imp for the first and second battle, cure it before the third, and then fight the rest.

You'll get one Purple and one Red, 4 Red, one Purple, two Purple, and two Purple.

Gau will finish the 1st, 2nd, and 4th battles by himself, and everyone for the 3rd and 5th to set up Clear Status for Number 128. I'm also doing a low level Natural Magic game as well, so I'll try to find a way to level Locke once and Gau once to remain the lowest level since Locke will level up anyway.

I also know the Smoke Bomb trick. :) The hardest parts,will be making 4 million GP to buy 99 of every missable item in the WoB and stealing 99 Genji Gloves from Dragons. My plan to make money is to steal Gaia Gears since the monster has no common steal, or I could slowly level grind on the Floating Continent.

You have anything else I might need, like grinding and stuff? If you want, you can PM anything. NB, you're more then welcome to as well. :)

Just wanna keep this a FF9 topic. ;P
#10NBtheGameMasterPosted 6/28/2013 6:12:23 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen:

History has been made!

I just completed my run this morning! After spending all of last night trying to get a Tiamat battle without getting trolled by an instant opener of Jet Fire or Twister, I got through without incident.

More awesomeness came when I did an equipment adjustment for Kraken and boy does it pay off!
Let the following phrase pain the picture for you:

"No Watergas were cast in the making of this episode!"

Yes, thats right, NONE!!! The fastest battle possible through probably the most boring of the 4 chaoses!

I did discover something when it comes to those tentacles....In my unsuccessful attempts, I had one alive when Charge! was carried out, and it turns out that the tentacles did NOT die when they were dealt a killing blow, meaning that a character has to kill them themselves...at least that's what I noticed.

Also, killing the tentacles may take away some of Kraken's attacks...as the only moves it ever did when the tentacles were gone were Leg and Waterga, but when a tentacle was alive I saw Freeze more than Waterga, even after Charge! If you pay attention, the animations for Ink and water gun involve those tentacles so, if you kill them, those attacks go away.

I looked up the tentacles on the monster encyclopedia and there are no attacks listed for them.
So there might be a way to leave one tentacle alive and maybe hope that everyone who participates in charge will attack Kraken instead of the tentacle, because Charge! attacks random targets if more than one is alive....

The circuit time for Kraken was 4:47!

Now before I tackled Lich, I actually set up my camera to record myself LIVE just so you ll could watch me take this challenge down in style! Well one attempt was all I needed as Freya AND Amarant both got to go before Lich MISSED with Death Cutter... I kew I won at that moment as long I got the Genji Gloves, which I did!!!! Ironically this is the same exact battle I got on my last run following path B!!!

Time of final circuit: 2m 8sec

Now I calculated the average time of the Nero Family quest pre-Excalibur II and the time was more than I initially thought. The extra time needed is around 22 minutes, about the same as the Promist Ring detour. I got a few runs leaving Memoria and heading back to "the past" save point encounter-less, so that helped with the time.

If you guys would like to see the live performace, just say the word!

All of the videos are recorded, but I have to edit them and then upload them.

Final time of the 1st EX2PG Version 10 (Path C + 10PR + NFSQ):
11:18:52