This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EXIIPG Update - Reloaded! (part 2)

#131monkeyslingerPosted 8/21/2013 6:37:14 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I finally started my new run last week. I decided to make a blog to record my progress since I can't make videos. I'm currently at the Evil Forest/Spring with a time of 00:42:51.

Also, it looks like the alternate Plant Brain strategy I posted earlier doesn't save any time because you have to heal Zidane before the fight for it to work. I can confirm it does work, however, and it has the benefit of giving Zidane 6 extra AP toward Flee (5 from Plant Brain and 1 from the Plant Spiders) without having to revive him.
---
Read along as I pioneer a new stat path for the Final Fantasy IX Excalibur II Perfect Game!
http://ffixexiipgfinalequip.blogspot.com/
#132Atomos199(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 9:07:33 AM
If we're lucky, perhaps I'll get off my ass and finish the update while you're still at an early stage. Then you could playtest the instructions...
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind approx 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time
~ bastardpoetry
#133IllusionGamer90Posted 8/22/2013 10:44:24 AM
Hey guys, what's up? Finally at Cleyra ready to defeat the Soldiers and the Type B Mages. Decided to skip the Mythril Sword after so many attempts. Looked more into it and the battle would have still taken the same amount of rounds regardless of what sword I had. Now, to describe how everything went since my absence:

Thanks to my Zidane setup for his Critical HP condition, Freya Covered him and also Quina. I stole both Chain Plate, Phoenix Down and some Gil thanks to the Steal Gil ability lol. Definitely adds up when you Steal a lot from the enemies.

For the BW3 setup, I Opt Dagger and Steiner and gave him Man Eater. After selling all my items, I bought 2 Magus Hats and 99 Steepled Hats. My battle went well and I got the Lightning Staff. Got my 99 Wrists and Rod in Dali.

Before entering Treno, I took off the Linen Curiass from Steiner. Since I'm skipping my first CR trick here, I Synthed everything already. I Synthed a Gold Choker, 2 Coral Rings, Cachusha, and then my Cotton Robes. I bought everything from the store and added the Leather Plate and Mythril Rod. I skipped buying the Bone Wrist until Cleyra. My battle with Griffin went really well. No counterattack, but it was still pretty fast.

The best part was my auction prices! They were fast and I bought everything cheaper than what my intended prices were! I skipped the Madain's Ring but I had to buy the stupid Reflect Ring to get the Pearl Rouge to show up... It will help out eventually. Instead of going to Dali, I went straight to Tot, messed up in talking to him by challenging him to a cardgame, and saved at the Roo.

The battle went well. I Opted Marcus and gave him the Reflect Ring and Leather Plate to allow him to survive a Blizzara.

The Antlion battle went good. Got a lucky Sandstorm for Quina. Unfortunately no Mythril Vest, but my cheap buys at the auctions will allow me to buy another one no problem.

Before the Soldiers, I bought a Partisan, Bone Wrist, 2 Mage Hats, and a Mythril Helm. I'm using the old strategy for the Soldiers and finished the last Mage battle with a Needle Fork poke! And Vivi is ready to take on the trio of Soldiers!

Final time: 3:36:06
---
Proud owner of three FFIX Excalibur II Perfect Game files: Path A, Lv1 Path, and Combined Stats Path!
Working on my last CS Path
#134Atomos199(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 11:54:23 AM
Illusion, you are possessed! But if you've skipped the Mythril sword, then that means there is still a shred of sanity left... ;-)
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind approx 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time
~ bastardpoetry
#135IllusionGamer90Posted 8/23/2013 5:39:32 AM
@Atomos199

Lol, again, complement accepted. That Needle Fork poke happened after Vivi missed a Stop.

@monkeyslinger

I really wished that I had remembered your strategy for Plant Brain. My secret ability would have been mastered by now. If I remember, it was Vivi casting Thunder on Zidane with the Silk Shirt to put him in Critical. So, byhealing Zidane, Opting Zidane and Steiner, activating Bird Killer, all that needs to happen is Vivi and Steiner getting the first turn to win immediately. Too late now lol.

Time to reveal my secret ability. Actually, it's not secret, but you get the idea. It's Flee! If I master Flee, I don't have to master Protect Girls and Flee will be much more better in the long run being mastered than Protect Girls. It will be mastered during the Alexandrian escape. I plan to use the Mage Masher's Silence again. ;) The AP gains will allow me to master Flee and allow my last Mage Masher to be an Exploda for Lani.

Looking forward to continuing later. Next stop: Beatrix. I got an alternate way to setup for Beatrix in Alexandria. It's not full-proof, but it's quicker for my settings later. Steiner is guaranteed, but Zidane is a 50% chance at succeeding. Vivi shouldn't matter about being in Critical HP since he can die regardless. Now for more planning.
---
Proud owner of three FFIX Excalibur II Perfect Game files: Path A, Lv1 Path, and Combined Stats Path!
#136Atomos199(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 12:56:49 AM
Currently downloading NB's videos. Illusion, have you posted a link to your videos? I can't find it anywhere and it seems you don't have a playlist uploaded on YouTube.

Is there anything that still needs to be updated when it comes to stats? There hasn't been any discussion about this in a long time.
---
~ bastardpoetry
#137IllusionGamer90Posted 8/24/2013 4:47:11 AM
^

Sorry, no playlist yet. I need to borrow a digital camera for that, and hopefully it will be soon.

So looking forward to finally finishing this lol. Will post a link as soon as I can. Please endure for just a little bit longer.
---
#138NBtheGameMasterPosted 8/24/2013 8:24:25 AM
Atomos199 posted...
Currently downloading NB's videos. Illusion, have you posted a link to your videos? I can't find it anywhere and it seems you don't have a playlist uploaded on YouTube.

Is there anything that still needs to be updated when it comes to stats? There hasn't been any discussion about this in a long time.

Just the alternate setups that monkeyslinger noted for a safer shell dragon battle for path C and CS, my file had Dagger at LV20 with 584 HP. I believe monkeyslinger had alternate setups already to allow Dagger to level up further and still attain max stats. MY run was riskier but faster, but monkeyslinger's setup is for safety. Also the CS extras and Target Time adjustments for the NFSQ...I take it you are able to get my times from the videos? I guess Illusion is gonna do a perfect run of this....this might take a while!

@ Illusion, I knew it! It had to be Flee!!! I wished I had known a bunch of this stuff months ago....:(
---
1st FFIX Excalibur II Perfect Game - Version X (Path C + 10PR & NFSQ)
Time - 11:18:52
#139Atomos199(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 8:25:27 AM
IllusionGamer90 posted...
So looking forward to finally finishing this lol.

Amen to that! My motivation level is probably negative at this point, I pray I manage to get this done.
---
~ bastardpoetry
#140monkeyslingerPosted 8/24/2013 12:44:11 PM
NBtheGameMaster posted...
Just the alternate setups that monkeyslinger noted for a safer shell dragon battle for path C and CS, my file had Dagger at LV20 with 584 HP. I believe monkeyslinger had alternate setups already to allow Dagger to level up further and still attain max stats. MY run was riskier but faster, but monkeyslinger's setup is for safety. Also the CS extras and Target Time adjustments for the NFSQ...I take it you are able to get my times from the videos? I guess Illusion is gonna do a perfect run of this....this might take a while!

Now that we know the game puts everyone in the front row for the Pandemonium battles, I think the way you did it is fine. There just needs to be a note added in there to have Dagger change rows ASAP.

@Illusion: It's actually a physical attack from Vivi that puts Zidane in critical HP for Plant Brain. Vivi's attack will do 90 or 95 damage if Zidane is wearing the Silk Shirt -- just enough to guarantee he'll go to critical.
---
Read along as I pioneer a new stat path for the Final Fantasy IX Excalibur II Perfect Game!
http://ffixexiipgfinalequip.blogspot.com/