This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite Antagonist ? *SPOILERS*

#1mega1343Posted 7/22/2013 3:12:56 PM
*Spoilers* If you haven't gotten to Disc 4 Don't continue.

Who was your favorite Antagonist in the game ?

Queen Brahne ?
Beatrhix ?
Zorn and Thron ?
Amarant and the other girl ?
Garland ?
Kuja ?

Ik a lot of people will probably say Kuja because he was the main one, but my personal favorite was Garland.

When I think about this game I think Garland is the reason why everything happened. He is the reason why Kuja turned bad, he is the reason why Alexndria got destroyed, he is the reason Terra got destroyed (Kuja retaliating to Garland ) , he is the reason Zidane goes mad, he cause a lot of events that occurred in the game. Even though Kuja was manipulating everything and everyone if it wasn't for Garland none of it would have happened.

I think of Garland as a puppet master of Kuja, and Kuja was a puppet master of Queen Brahne.

Its all opinion there is no right or wrong answer.
---
SamG528
#2MysterPixelPosted 7/22/2013 4:16:41 PM
I loved Beatrix - she definitely instilled terror in me because I was annihilated in my first battle with her (because I sucked at the game for some reason until about disk 3). I was fearful every time she showed up.

I also quite liked Brahne. There's a certain quality about her that made her a really good villain, in my opinion. She was very imposing.

But I've got to vote for Kuja... stupid, sexy Kuja.
#3AigonrothPosted 7/22/2013 8:32:54 PM
I have to give my vote Garland.

He set the events in motion he was the mastermind behind everything, just like you said TC he is the reason that Kuja does anything (he also is the reason the world even gets saved, in more ways than one.)

Though I do honestly like Kuja he had a hint of Kefka about him towards the end but he kept his sanity most of the game rather than just being an insane bastard from the beginning. He was also a satisfying enemy because you actually get to beat him.

Brahne was also a good villain imo she had some good qualities to her she also had an established party connection early in the game (whereas we find out Kuja's thing on Disc 3).

Beatrix while I like her as a character the thing that annoys me about her so much is that we never actually get to beat her in a fight, we fight her 3 times and she got a victory granted to her by the plot, for the first fight I was fine with it, even in the second fight I could tolerate but then that 3rd fight comes along and you are still forced to lose to her, that bugs me to no end to this day.

I honestly feel like we should've been allowed to defeat her in that 3rd fight, though they could've made it so that if you did lose the fight the story progressed normally but they should've let you get a shot at beating her in a battle.
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.
#4mega1343(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 5:19:24 AM
The first time I ever played through FF9 I hated Beatrix with a passion. She was so OP and then when you finally get her in your party you find out she is not even that much elite, although she does have that 1 move that takes like 4000 hp.
---
SamG528
#5random_singerPosted 7/23/2013 8:34:41 AM
mega1343 posted...
The first time I ever played through FF9 I hated Beatrix with a passion. She was so OP and then when you finally get her in your party you find out she is not even that much elite, although she does have that 1 move that takes like 4000 hp.

Huh, when I finally got her in my party, I was blown away by how elite she was- she was so so so much more powerful than Steiner and Freya, whom she fights with. I mean, yes she has that one move that takes like 4000 hp. She also has Holy, the typical end game White Mage spell. She also can take down the enemies she is fighting with 1 physical attack. How much more elite does she have to get???

True, when you get her for the second time, she is far more balanced, but that is to be expected; Steiner by that stage has had an awful lot of time to level up.
---
Yes, the twelve legendary weapons. They are weapons. They are legendary. There are even twelve of them.
#6mega1343(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 9:13:22 AM
Well she didn't suck by no means, but I thought she was going to be level 70 with like 6k hp or something. Kind of like in FF7 when Cloud is in the flashback and Sephiroth is on the team.
---
SamG528