This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ipsen's Castle -spoilers-

#1TsunamiRoarPosted 7/23/2013 2:39:34 PM
So, other than the one line about the castle being upside down and the dagger at the start of the dungeon, is there any place else in the game where it tells you that the damage stat is backwards? (Searched Sargatanas on the board and the only topic that popped up described my situation perfectly)...
---
Talking about skull****ing someone's mom because he happens to prefer the PS3 over the 360 does not paint us in the best light as a group.
#2mega1343Posted 7/23/2013 2:57:31 PM
Nope. Ipsen's castle was my least favorite part the first time going through the game because I had no idea it reversed everyones stats. I don't remember anyone in the game saying anything about it but maybe someone did.
---
SamG528
#3TsunamiRoar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 3:21:30 PM
=/ that's pretty lame. I was hoping I had just missed a clue or something. Honestly, at first, I was wondering if I had triggered some sort of hidden calculation by equipping the Sargatanas. I don't know how it works in IX ( It's first playthrough...well, since I played it when I was a kid, but I never beat it)...and all I could think of was the first time I equipped Barret's Missing Score and not realizing I needed to loa him down with high level materia.
---
Talking about skull****ing someone's mom because he happens to prefer the PS3 over the 360 does not paint us in the best light as a group.
#4VeghEstherPosted 7/23/2013 4:06:22 PM
Its the only area but I had a 9999 Dragons Crest going into the area I had Shock Usable but Shock will never do 9999 here since its damage is Str based Dragons Crest however isn't.
#5Moomba33Posted 7/23/2013 5:23:09 PM
I guess all the weak weapons in the treasure chests there are supposed to be another clue.
I never would have figured it out myself though.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#6mega1343Posted 7/23/2013 5:46:35 PM
It is an excellent place to train though. In fact its my favorite place to go train when Im not in the mood for Grand Dragons. The mog shop in there also sells some pretty useful things that can help you synth a black robe and white robe to learn Flare and Holy.
---
SamG528
#7TsunamiRoar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 5:47:01 PM
VeghEsther posted...
Its the only area but I had a 9999 Dragons Crest going into the area I had Shock Usable but Shock will never do 9999 here since its damage is Str based Dragons Crest however isn't.

Yeah yeah yeah. And then you used KotR against Carry Armor.
---
#8DarkMegaFlarePosted 7/23/2013 9:58:19 PM
"Do not be restricted by your knowledge and experience. This place turns logic upside down. What's big is small, what's strong is weak, and heaven is earth."

I believe that is supposed to be your hint about Ipsen's Castle effect on your attacks.